Setting the Scene
Who: Bucknell (1-2) at VMI (1-4)
When: Feb. 24-26 (Game 1: 3 p.m. | Game 2: 3 p.m. | Game 3: 1 p.m. |
Where: Gray-Minor Stadium – Lexington, Va.
Live Stats: Game 1 | Game 2 | Game 3
Probable Starting Pitchers
Game 1: RHP Connor Van Hoose (0-1, 8.10 ERA, 6 Ks, 3.1 IP) vs. RHP Josh Winder (1-0, 7.50 ERA, 9 Ks, 6.0 IP)
Game 2: LHP Mike Castellani (0-0, 5.40 ERA, 6 Ks, 5.0 IP) vs. RHP Matt Eagles (0-0, 4.50 ERA, 5 Ks, 6.0 IP)
Game 3: RHP Jeff Gottesman (0-0, 1.80 ERA, 1 K, 5.0 IP) vs. LHP Brandon Barbery (0-1, 3.18 ERA, 6 Ks, 5.2 IP)
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell returns to action for a three-game series at VMI.
* The Bison opened the season last weekend with three games against Marist. Bucknell went 1-2 in the series, earning a 7-3 victory in game two.
* Danny Rafferty went 4-for-7 with four RBIs, reaching base in all three contests.
* Keifer Rawlings recorded four RBIs in the series, while Luke Johnson (4) and Brett Smith (3) combined for seven runs scored.
* Mike Stephens picked up the win on the mound for the Bison, striking out one batter and allowing just one hit in 1.1 innings pitched.
* VMI will be making its 2017 home debut this weekend.
* The Keydets are 1-4 to start the year. VMI began the season with an 11-5 win at Appalachian State but have dropped its last four games, including contests against No. 24 UNC Wilmington and No.13 Virginia.
* Tyler Tharp is hitting a team-best .471 with eight hits and three home runs.
* Josh Winder is credited with the team’s lone win on the mound, posting nine strikeouts in six innings pitched.
Series With VMI
* Bucknell is 10-18 all-time against VMI dating back to 1964. The Bison last competed against the Keydets in a four-game set in 2011.
* Bucknell will travel down to North Carolina for three games at Davidson. The Bison will play the host Wildcats March 3, followed by Butler on March 4 and Hartford on March 5.