Setting the Scene
What: Snowbird Baseball Classic
When: Mar. 11-18
Where: North Charlotte Regional Park - Port Charlotte, Fla.
3/11: Iowa (7-4), 11 a.m. – Live Stats |Listen ($)
3/12: Northeastern (5-6), 9:30 a.m.
3/14: Harvard (4-0), 10:30 a.m.
3/15: Ohio State (5-6), 2:30 p.m. – Live Stats
3/16: Massachusetts (0-3), 3 p.m. – Live Stats
3/17: Massachusetts (0-3), 2 p.m. – Live Stats
3/18: Massachusetts (0-3), 9 a.m. – Live Stats
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell returns to action following three games at Davidson. The Bison went 2-1, defeating Davidson (8-0) and Hartford (9-5), while dropping their middle game to Butler (4-3).
* Sam Clark combined to hit .429 with six hits, three RBIs, one home run and three runs scored for the weekend. Playing in all three games, Danny Rafferty, Chuckie Scales, Brett Smith, Keifer Rawlings and Luke Johnson all hit over .300.
* JohnPaul Bell was named Patriot League Baseball Rookie of the Week, after hitting 4-for-15 with three runs scored, one walk and one stolen base.
* In Bucknell’s 8-0 victory over Davidson, Connor Van Hoose pitched 6.2 innings with nine strikeouts to earn his first win of the year. In the team’s 9-5 rally against Hartford, Jack Grabek pitched the final four innings in relief, allowing just one hit en route to picking up the win.
* Rafferty enters spring break hitting a team-best .353. He has four multi-hit games this season.
* Clark has recorded a hit in six straight games, while Smith has a recorded a hit in five straight.
* On the mound, Rafferty (2.2 IP), Tommy Gambon (3.1 IP) and Mike Stephens (3.0 IP) still have 0.00 ERAs for Bucknell, while Jack Simpson (9.0 IP) and Jeff Gottesman (17.0 IP) are both below 1.06. Van Hoose has a team-high 23 strikeouts.
* Iowa is 7-4 on the season, coming off a 3-1 weekend at the DQ Classic, picking up wins over Hawaii, Oral Roberts and Northern Illinois.
* Bucknell is 0-3 all-time against the Hawkeyes.
* The Huskies are 5-6 and winners of their last three games, picking up victories over Chicago State, Central Michigan and Toledo.
* The squad will take on Western Michigan and Lehigh before facing the Bison.
* Bucknell is 2-2 all-time against Northeastern.
* The Crimson began the year 4-0, winning two games each against Lafayette and Coppin State.
* Harvard will compete in a four-game series at Jacksonville before playing Bucknell.
* The Bison are 2-1 all-time against the Crimson.
Scouting Ohio State
* Ohio State is 5-6 overall, winning the final two games of a three-game set at Campbell.
* The Buckeyes are set for three games at Florida Gulf Coast and one against Lehigh before taking on the Bison.
* Bucknell is 0-4 all-time against the Big Ten program.
* The Minutemen opened the year dropping three games at Elon.
* Massachusetts will play five games, including three against Maine, before meeting with the Bison for a three-game series.
* Bucknell is 1-4 all-time against UMass.
* Bucknell will travel down Interstate-80 for a weekday game at Penn State on Mar. 21. The Bison will make their 2017 home debut Mar. 22 against Saint Joseph’s.