About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell will wrap up its non-league portion of the schedule on Tuesday with a midweek contest at Towson.
* The Bison return to the diamond following a four-game series at Holy Cross, losing three of four games.
* Brett Smith finished with six hits for the weekend, passing Ben Allen ’10 to become Bucknell’s all-time hits leader. He also set the program record for starts with 191.
* Luke Johnson recorded two home runs in the series, while Evan Madigan, Sam Clark and Chuckie Scales each totaled four hits.
* Mike Castellani earned Bucknell’s only win on the mound, allowing two runs over 6.2 innings while striking out four. The senior is now 4-1 on the year with a 3.72 ERA.
* This season, the Bison are hitting .263 as a team. Smith leads Bucknell in batting average (.331), hits (54), doubles (13) and total bases (77).
* Four Bison have at least 40 hits, including Smith (54), Clark (44), Johnson (41) and Danny Rafferty (40).
* Connor Van Hoose leads the Bison pitching staff in ERA (2.87), innings pitched (59.2) and strikeouts (77). His 77 strikeouts lead the league this season.
* Towson is 15-23 overall, but have dropped its last three games and six of the last seven.
* The Tigers are batting .245 at the plate as a unit. Richie Palacios is hitting .329 with 50 hits, 11 doubles and 21 RBIs.
* Kevin Ross leads Towson’s pitching staff in ERA (3.62), innings pitched (49.2) and is second in strikeouts (31). David Marriggi boasts a 4-2 record on the mound.
* Bucknell is 15-28 all-time against Towson dating back to 1980. The two teams have split the last 10 meetings with both sides alternating victories. The squads last met in 2015, resulting in a 7-6 win for the Bison.
Bucknell Baseball’s 2017 Weekly Awards
* Patriot League Pitcher of the Week – Mike Castellani (Mar. 28, Apr. 4)
* Patriot League Player of the Week – JohnPaul Bell (Mar. 7)
* Bison Athlete of the Week – Brett Smith (Apr. 17)
* Bucknell concludes the regular season with a four-game set at first-place and defending league champion Navy. Saturday’s doubleheader will broadcast on the CBS Sports Network, while Sunday’s contests will broadcast on the Patriot League Network.