Setting the Scene
Who: Bucknell (18-23, 9-7 PL) at Navy (33-13, 13-3 PL)
When: Saturday-Sunday, April 29-30
Where: Terwilliger Brothers Field at Max Bishop Stadium – Annapolis, Md.
Live Video: (Saturday) – CBS Sports Network; (Sunday) – Patriot League Network
Live Stats: NavySports.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell will wrap up its regular season with a four-game series at first-place Navy.
* The Bison will look to clinch a berth in the Patriot League Tournament for second consecutive season and the fourth time in the last five years. Bucknell can clinch a playoff berth with one win or a Lehigh loss. Lehigh will play Army West Point this weekend.
* Bucknell still has a chance to host a semifinal series, but it will be tough. The Bison must sweep the Mids and need Holy Cross to be swept by Lafayette.
* The Bison return to the diamond following a four-game series at Holy Cross, losing three of four games. Brett Smith finished with six hits in the series, passing Ben Allen '10 to become Bucknell's all-time hits leader. He also set the program record for starts with 191. Luke Johnson recorded two home runs in the series, while Evan Madigan, Sam Clark and Chuckie Scales each totaled four hits.
* Mike Castellani earned Bucknell's only win on the mound, allowing two runs over 6.2 innings while striking out four, earning Patriot League Pitcher of the Week honors for the third time this season. The senior is now 4-1 on the mound with a 3.72 ERA.
* This season, the Bison are hitting .263 as a team, second-best in the Patriot League. Smith leads Bucknell in batting average (.331), hits (54), doubles (13) and total bases (77).
* Four Bison have at least 40 hits, including Smith (54), Sam Clark (44), Johnson (41) and Danny Rafferty (40).
* Connor Van Hoose leads the Bison pitching staff in ERA (2.87), innings pitched (59.2) and strikeouts (77). His 77 strikeouts lead the league this season.
* Against Patriot League opponents, Smith is batting .456 with 26 hits and 17 runs scored. Clark and Johnson have combined for 33 RBIs.
* Van Hoose has tossed two complete games in league play, posting 34 strikeouts in 26.2 innings pitched. Castellani is unbeaten on the mound with a 3-0 record.
Game 1: RHP Connor Van Hoose (4-5, 2.87 ERA, 55.2 IP, 77 Ks) vs. RHP Noah Song (6-2, 3.50 ERA, 61.2 IP, 73 Ks)
Game 2: LHP Mike Castellani (4-1, 3.72 ERA, 55.2 IP, 38 Ks) vs. RHP George Coughlin (4-3, 5.56 ERA, 55.0 IP, 45 Ks)
Game 3: TBA .s. RHP Kyle Condry (5-1, 3.16 ERA, 57.0 IP, 49 Ks)
Game 4: TBA .s. TBA
Weekend Broadcast Details
* Saturday's doubleheader will air live on CBS Sports Network. Carter Blackburn will provide play-by-play and Kevin Stocker will have color commentary.
* Sunday's doubleheaders will stream on the Patriot League Network.
* Navy, the defending Patriot League regular season and tournament champions, has already locked up a spot in the Patriot League Tournament, entering the weekend 33-13 overall and 13-3 in league play. The Midshipmen are looking to clinch the regular-season title for the second straight year.
* The Mids have won three of their four conference series this season, including four-game sweeps over Lehigh and Lafayette. They split their series with Holy Cross.
* Navy leads the Patriot League in batting (.308), slugging (.463), on-base percentage (.392), runs (339), RBIs (300), doubles (96), triples (22), walks (174), ERA (4.06) and opposing batting average (.264).
* Travis Blue is batting .360 with 20 extra-base hits and 39 RBIs. A total of seven Mids have an average over .300.
Bucknell Baseball's 2017 Weekly Awards
* Patriot League Pitcher of the Week – Mike Castellani (Mar. 28, Apr. 4, Apr. 25)
* Patriot League Player of the Week – JohnPaul Bell (Mar. 7)
* Bison Athlete of the Week – Brett Smith (Apr. 17)
* Should Bucknell qualify for the postseason, the Patriot League Tournament is set to begin May 18th with a best-of-three series.