• Education Day -- Bucknell has invited numerous local school districts to attend Thursday's game. Prior to the game there will be a program that focuses on anti-bullying. The program will focus on bystander intervention and various forms of bullying: cyber bullying, physical bullying, hazing, verbal bullying and social bullying.
What: American (5-8, 2-0 PL) at Bucknell (10-3, 2-0 PL)
Where: Sojka Pavilion (Lewisburg, Pa.)
When: Thursday, Jan. 5 -- 11 a.m.
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: BucknellBison.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (8.0 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.4 apg)
G: Megan McGurk (3.6 ppg, 3.8, rpg, 3.0 apg)
G/F: Claire DeBoer (14.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.5 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (14.2 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.7 apg)
F: Sune Swart (11.8 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 1.1 apg)
With a Win Over American, Bucknell Would ...
• Improve to 11-3, its best record through 14 games since starting 11-3 during the 2000-01 season.
• Improve to 6-0 at home this season.
• Win its sixth straight game.
• Win its 18th straight home game, the longest streak in program history and the longest current streak in the Patriot League.
• Improve to 116-68 all-time at Sojka Pavilion.
• Improve to 47-15 at Sojka Pavilion in Aaron Roussell’s five seasons as head coach.
• Improve to 20-1 at Sojka Pavilion over the past two seasons.
• Improve to 3-0 in Patriot League play.
• Improve to 20-1 in Patriot League regular season games dating back to the beginning of last season.
• Improve to 16-23 in the all-time series with American.
• Win its fourth straight game in the series with American.
• Only three teams remain unbeaten in Patriot League play after two games, and two of them will meet up when Bucknell hosts American on Thursday at 11 a.m. The Bison beat the Eagles three times last season, including a victory in the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament.
• Bucknell is coming off a 60-56 win at Army West Point, winning at West Point for the first time since 2011 and ending the Black Knights' 22-game home winning streak that dated back to March 9, 2015.
• Bucknell now has the longest current home winning streak with 17 straight victories at Sojka Pavilion. The Bison haven't lost on their home court since falling to Youngstown State on Dec. 2, 2015.
• Claire DeBoer recorded her third double-double of the season with 16 points and 11 rebounds in the win over Army West Point. Sune Swart scored 14 points, and Kaitlyn Slagus added 12.
• DeBoer ranks 10th in program history with 1,341 career points. She is eighth in rebounding with 746 boards.
• Bucknell has won 11 straight Patriot League regular season games, with the last loss coming at Army West Point on Jan. 30, 2016.
• American is 5-8 overall and 2-0 in the Patriot League after a 68-57 win over Colgate. The Eagles also have a 60-45 win over Loyola in league play.
• The Eagles’ non-conference results were highlighted by a 66-61 win over George Washington. The Colonials, who have former Lehigh standout Lexi Martins on their roster, were ranked 10th in the most recent ESPN Mid-Major Poll.
• Sophomore Cecily Carl recorded her first double-double of the season with 15 points and 12 rebounds in the win over Colgate. Emily Kinneston led a group of four players in double-figures with 17 points.
How to Get the Game
• Thursday's game can be seen online on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at BucknellBison.com
• Follow @Bucknell_WBB on Twitter for live updates
Bucknell vs. American Series Notes
• Bucknell and American will meet for the 39th time. The Eagles hold a 23-15 lead in the all-time series. The Bison have a three-game winning streak after winning three games against the Eagles last season. The third victory came in the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament, 73-65 in overtime.
• Claire DeBoer averaged 21.0 points, 5.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 2.0 steals in the three wins over American last season. Kyi English scored a career-high 20 points in the win over the Eagles in the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 235-227 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 194-170 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won two Patriot League titles and have played in the title game three times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is ranked 12th in the latest edition of the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25. The Bison are 44th out of 349 teams in the Division I national RPI.
• American is 193rd in the latest RPI..
• Bucknell hosts Holy Cross on Sunday, Jan. 8. The Crusaders are 2-11 overall and 0-2 in the Patriot League after losses to Boston University and Navy.