TICKET INFO -- Tickets are on sale for Friday's semifinal round. Tickets can be purchased ONLINE, in person at either Campus Box Office location (Weis Center, Elaine Langone Center), or over the phone at 570-577-1000.
What: American (15-15, 11-7 PL) at Bucknell (25-5, 16-2 PL) -- Patriot League Semifinal
Where: Sojka Pavilion (Lewisburg, Pa.)
When: Monday, March 10 -- 5 p.m.
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: BucknellBison.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (7.9 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.7 apg)
G: Megan McGurk (5.1 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.0 apg)
G/F: Claire DeBoer (15.9 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.5 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (12.7 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 2.0 apg)
F: Sune Swart (11.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.2 apg)
With a Win Over American, Bucknell Would ...
• Improve to 26-5, breaking the program record for most wins in a season.
• Win for the ninth straight game, the second streak of at least that length this season.
• Up the nation’s third-longest active home winning streak to 27 games.
• Improve to 15-0 at Sojka Pavilion this season.
• Advance to the Patriot League title game for the first time since 2008.
• Improve to 17-24 in the all-time series with the Eagles.
• Improve to 6-6 against the Eagles under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• Top-seeded Bucknell hosts a semifinal game in the Patriot League Tournament for the first time in program history when it welcomes fourth-seeded American to Sojka Pavilion on Friday at 5 p.m.
• The Bison have the third-longest active home winning streak in the nation at 26 straight games, trailing only UConn (65) and UCLA (27).
• Bucknell is 14-0 at Sojka Pavilion this season. The Bison are one of just eight teams unbeaten at home this season.
• Claire DeBoer was named the Patriot League Player of the Year, the team's first since Hope Foster in 2008. DeBoer was also on the All-Patriot League First Team, while Kaitlyn Slagus was on the Second Team and Sune Swart made the Third Team.
• Bucknell advanced to the semifinal round with an exciting 75-72 win over Loyola on Monday night. The Bison shot 59 percent for the game, while the Greyhounds shot 50 percent.
• Sune Swart led the Bison with 20 points in the win over Loyola, including a 3-pointer with 2:51 to play that broke a 68-68 tie and gave Bucknell the lead for good.
• Claire DeBoer scored 13 points, and Kyi English added 12 to join Swart in double-figures. The Bison finished with a 16-0 advantage in bench points, led by seven from Gia Hayes and six from Catherine Romaine.
• Sojka Pavilion will also host the other semifinal matchup between second-seeded Navy and third-seeded Army West Point on Friday at 7:30 p.m. Regardless of the outcome of the semifinal games, Bucknell will host the championship game on Sunday at 11 a.m. It will be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.
• Bucknell and American met in the quarterfinal round of last year's Patriot League Tournament. The Bison erased a 13-point deficit on their way to a 73-65 win.
• Often underrated because it doesn't force a lot of turnovers, Bucknell's defense has been the best in the league this season and ranks favorably in the nation in multiple statistical categories. The Bison rank 25th in the nation in field goal percentage defense (.360) and 34th in scoring defense (57.2).
• The Bison rank 15th in the nation in rebounding margin (+7.9). They have out-rebounded their opponent in 27 of 30 games, including a 27-20 edge over Loyola last game.
• A win by Bucknell on Friday would be the 100th during Aaron Roussell's five seasons with the team. He would then average 20 wins a season with the Bison, including school-record win totals in two consecutive seasons.
• American is 15-15 overall after beating Boston University 57-51 in the quarterfinal round of the Patriot League Tournament on Monday. The Eagles earned the fourth seed in the tournament after finishing 11-7 in league play during the regular season.
• Emily Kinneston, a Second Team All-Patriot League selection, scored 19 points in the win over the Terriers. Lauren Crisler tallied 13, while Cecily Carl, a Third Team All-Patriot League honoree, contributed 12.
• Maria Liddane ranks first in the Patriot League in assists, averaging 5.0 per game. She is second in assist/turnover ratio at 2.0.
How to Get the Game
• Friday's game can be seen free of charge on the Patriot League Network with Justin Antweil calling the action.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Doug Birdsong on the call. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at BucknellBison.com
• Follow @Bucknell_WBB on Twitter for live updates
Bucknell vs. American Series Notes
• Bucknell and American will meet for the 41st time. The Eagles hold a 24-16 lead in the all-time series, including a 59-47 win in the most recent meeting earlier this season.
• American's last win over Bucknell snapped the Bison's four-game winning streak in the series.
• Claire DeBoer averaged 15.5 points in the two regular season games against American this season. Kaitlyn Slagus averaged 12.0 points.
• Bucknell was without Kate Walker in the loss to American this season.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 250-230 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 207-172 in Patriot League play and 16-24 in the Patriot League Tournament
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won two Patriot League tournament titles and have played in the title game three times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is ranked seventh in the latest edition of the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25. The Bison are 72nd out of 349 teams in the Division I national RPI.
• American is 189th in the latest RPI.
• With a win, Bucknell would host the championship game on Sunday at 11 a.m.. With a loss, the Bison would have to wait to find out who they play in the first round of the WNIT.