Promotion: Free schedule magnet courtesy of All Star Bagels
What: Akron (0-0, 0-0 MAC) at Bucknell (1-0, 0-0 PL)
Where: Sojka Pavilion (Lewisburg, Pa.)
When: Sunday, Nov. 12 (2 p.m.)
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: BucknellBison.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (17.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 6.0 apg)
G: Abby Kapp (5.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.0 apg)
G: Kate Walker (12.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 0.0 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (14.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 2.0 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (4.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 4.0 apg)
With a Win Over Akron, Bucknell Would ...
• Up the nation's third-longest active home winning streak to 29 straight games.
• Improve to 2-0 for the second straight season.
• Win its home opener for the fourth straight season.
• Improve to 6-1 in the series with the Zips.
• Improve to 13-15 against current members of the MAC.
• Improve to 5-0 against MAC teams under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• Bucknell welcomes Akron to Sojka Pavilion for the 2017-18 home opener on Sunday. Prior to the game, two banners will be unveiled -- one for winning the 2016-17 Patriot League title and one for playing in the NCAA Tournament.
• The Bison have won 28 straight games at Sojka Pavilion. That ranks as the third longest active home winning streak in the nation behind UConn and UCLA. They haven't lost a home game since falling to Youngstown State on Dec. 2, 2015.
• Bucknell will play Akron for a third consecutive season. It will be the first game played in Lewisburg between the teams since 2003.
• A win on Sunday would give the Bison a 2-0 record to start the season for the second straight year. They are coming off a 76-71 win at Rider in the season opener on Friday.
• The Bison erased a 16-point deficit in the win over Rider. It was the 14th time in five seasons that they have won a game after trailing by double-digits. Kaitlyn Slagus recorded her 14th career double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds, while Kyi English had 14 of her 17 points and all six of her assists in the second half.
• Freshman Tessa Brugler and sophomore Ellie Mack had solid collegiate debuts last game. Brugler had eight rebounds, including six offensive boards, while Mack finished with 12 points and five rebounds. The Bison finished with a 46-30 advantage on the boards.
• Akron is playing its first game of the season on Sunday.
• The Zips were picked to finish sixth out of six teams in the MAC East Division.
• Akron went 9-21 overall and 2-16 in the MAC last season. The Zips graduated their top two scorers from that team, Hannah Plybon (16.4 ppg) and Alex Ricketts (9.4 ppg).
• The Zips made the WNIT in back-to-back seasons (2014-15 and 2015-16).
• With 170 wins, Jodi Kest is the all-time winningest coach in the history of Akron women's basketball.
How to Get the Game
• Sunday's game can be seen free of charge on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at BucknellBison.com
Bucknell vs. Akron Series Notes
• Bucknell leads 5-1 in a series that began in 1994.
• The teams will play for a third consecutive season. The Bison beat the Zips in the 2016 WNIT First Round, and then again in a game at Akron during the 2016-17 season.
• The Bison are 2-0 against Akron under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• Kyi English has had success in her two career games against the Zips, averaging 10.5 points, 4.5 assists, and 3.0 rebounds.
• Kaitlyn Slagus had a double-double of 13 points and 11 rebounds in last season's win over Akron.
Bucknell vs. the MAC
• Bucknell is 12-15 all-time against current members of the MAC.
• The Bison have played five of the 12 teams in the conference: Akron (5-1), Bowling Green (1-2), Buffalo (5-7), Kent State (1-4), and Miami (Ohio) (0-1).
• Bucknell has never played Ohio, Ball State, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Central Michigan, Toledo, or Western Michigan.
• The Bison are a perfect 4-0 against the MAC under head coach Aaron Roussell, beating Akron (twice), Buffalo, and Bowling Green.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is ranked 17th in the first edition of the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25. The Bison finished 57th out of 349 teams in the final RPI last season.
• Akron finished 242nd in the final RPI last season.
• The Bison host Saint Joseph's on Wednesday at 6 p.m. The Hawks open their season at Niagara on Sunday.