Community Day sponsored by M&T Bank
Pom-Pom Giveaway sponsored by Pizza Phi
Junior Bison Club Free Admission
What: Army West Point (8-5, 1-1 PL) at Bucknell (7-6, 1-1 PL)
Where: Sojka Pavilion (Lewisburg, Pa.)
When: Friday, Jan. 5 (6 p.m.)
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: BucknellBison.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (12.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.8 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (1.9 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 1.0 apg)
G: Kate Walker (10.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.2 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (11.9 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.1 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (6.2 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.5 apg)
With a Win Over Army West Point, Bucknell Would ...
• improve to 8-6 on the season.
• improve to 4-2 at home this season.
• improve to 36-25 in the all-time series with the Black Knights.
• improve to 210-173 all-time in Patriot League play.
• improve to 35-4 in Patriot League play over the last three seasons.
• improve to 34-3 at Sojka Pavilion over the last three seasons.
• Bucknell will play at Sojka Pavilion for the first time in over a month when it hosts Army West Point on Friday night. The Bison, coming off five straight road games, last played at home in a win over Binghamton on Nov. 29.
• The Bison are 7-6 overall and 0-1 in the Patriot League after beat Boston University 63-58 last game. Kyi English led all scorers with 21 points and hit three of the team's eight 3-pointers. Rachel Dumiak and Abby Kapp each had two 3-pointers. Kaitlyn Slagus recorded her 17th career double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
• Dumiak hit a clutch 3-pointer to put Bucknell up 57-52 with under two minutes to play in the game.
• Army West Point and Bucknell are the top two rebounding teams in the Patriot League. The Black Knights rank first in the conference in rebounding margin at +6.3, while the Bison are second at +5.7.
• Bucknell has been impressive in league play over the last three seasons, going 34-4 during that time. All four losses came on the road. The Bison have on 19 straight regular season home games against league opponents.
About Army West Point
• Army West Point is 8-5 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League after posting a 69-62 win at Loyola (Md.) last game. The Black Knights opened league play with a 60-59 home loss to Boston University.
• Junior Madison Hovren, the Preseason Patriot League Player of the Year, recorded her 10th double-double of the season with 18 points and 13 rebounds in the win over Loyola (Md.). Janae McNeal nearly had a double-double with 10 points and eight rebounds.
• Hovren ranks second in the Patriot League in rebounding (10.5 rpg) and third in scoring (16.3 ppg).
• The Black Knights have the top rebounding margin in the conference at +6.3, ranking one spot ahead of the Bison at +5.7.
• Army West Point has finished in the top three of the Patriot League standings in each of the past five seasons.
How to Get the Game
• Friday's game can be seen online free of charge on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at BucknellBison.com
Bucknell vs. Army West Point Series Notes
• Bucknell and Army West Point will meet for the 61st time. The Bison hold a 35-25 lead in the all-time series.
• The Bison swept the season series last year, winning the two games by a combined 10 points.
• Kaitlyn Slagus has averaged 16.3 points, 9.0 rebounds, 2.0 blocks, 1.3 steals, and 1.0 assists in four career games against Army West Point. She has two 20+ point games against the Black Knights.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 252-231 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 209-173 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won three Patriot League titles and have played in the title game four times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is 174th out of 351 teams in the latest RPI.
• Army West Point is 203rd in the latest RPI.
• Bucknell will host Lafayette at 11 a.m. on Monday.