What: Bucknell (18-8, 12-3 PL) at Navy (22-4, 12-3 PL)
Where: Alumni Hall (Annapolis, Md.)
When: Wednesday, Feb. 21 (7 p.m.)
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: NavySports.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (10.1 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.7 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (2.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.7 apg)
G: Kate Walker (12.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.1 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (12.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.1 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (5.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.2 apg)
With a Win Over Navy, Bucknell Would ...
• improve to 19-8 overall and 13-3 in the Patriot League.
• up its winning streak to nine games.
• improve to 9-5 on the road this season.
• improve to 37-28 in the all-time series with the Mids.
• win a seventh consecutive game in the series with the Mids.
• improve to 10-5 against the Mids under head coach Aaron Roussell
• improve to 221-175 all-time in Patriot League play.
• improve to 46-6 in Patriot League play over the last three seasons.
• Bucknell looks to run its winning streak to nine games when it plays at Navy on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The Bison are coming off a 72-63 win over Holy Cross at Sojka Pavilion, their second win over the Crusaders during their winning streak. They also victories over Navy, Boston University, Lafayette, Lehigh, and Colgate during the streak.
• It feels like Bucknell and Navy have been on a collision course dating back nearly a month ago when the Bison tied the Mids in the league standings with a 47-39 win in the first matchup of the season between the teams. Since that game, both teams went on to win their next six games and remain tied with three to play. The winner of Wednesday's contest will have the inside track to the No. 2 seed in the conference tournament and a potential home game in the semifinal round.
• The Bucknell-Navy matchup has developed into a rivalry during Aaron Roussell's time as head coach. The Mids knocked the Bison out of the playoffs in 2013 and 2015, before the Bison got some revenge with an overtime win in the 2017 title game. Adding to the rivalry was a game last season at Navy in which Bucknell came back from 19 points down to clinch the regular season title at Alumni Hall. The teams have gone to overtime in three of the past five seasons, including a thrilling 94-92, double overtime win by Navy in 2014.
• Bucknell has clinched a top four spot in the Patriot League regular season standings and a home game in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament for the fifth consecutive season. Tickets for that game will go on sale at halftime of the home game against American on Saturday, Feb. 24.
• The current senior class of Catherine Romaine and Carly Richardson is the winningest in program history with 88 career victories. They broke the previous record of 86 set by last year's senior class.
• No conference opponent has a current winning streak of more than one game against Bucknell. The Bison have current win streaks of nine against Boston University, eight against Lafayette, six against Navy, six against Colgate, three against Army West Point, and two against Holy Cross. They also won the most recent matchups with Lehigh and Loyola. The last league team to beat the Bison in consecutive games was American in 2015.
• Kaitlyn Slagus now has 21 career double-doubles after tallying back-to-back double-doubles in wins over Loyola and Holy Cross. She was named the Patriot League Player of the Week for the second time this season for her efforts last week. The junior needs just 48 points to reach the 1,000-point milestone.
• Including this season, Bucknell has been by far the best team in league play over the last three seasons, posting a record of 45-6. That's nine games better than the next best, which is Army West Point at 36-15. Navy is third at 35-16.
• Navy is 22-4 overall and 12-3 in the Patriot League after six consecutive wins over Lehigh (53-50), Colgate (69-42), Holy Cross (62-54), Army West Point (55-46), Lafayette (59-43), and Boston University (59-48).
• The Mids haven't lost since falling 47-39 to Bucknell at Sojka Pavilion on Jan. 24.
• Navy is a perfect 14-0 at home this season. The Mids have won 16 consecutive games at Alumni Hall, with the last loss coming to Bucknell Feb. 25, 2017. The Bison erased a 19-point deficit in that win.
• The current 16-game home winning streak tied a school record for the Mids.
• Navy has the top scoring offense (67.1) and top scoring defense (53.6) in the Patriot League.
How to Get the Game
• Wednesday's game can be seen online free of charge on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at NavySports.com
Bucknell vs. Navy Series Notes
• Bucknell and Navy will meet for the 65th time. The Bison hold a 36-28 lead in the all-time series.
• The Bison have won six straight games in the series, including a 47-39 home win earlier this season. The Mids entered the game as the top offensive and defensive team in the conference.
• Kaitlyn Slagus has averaged 12.5 points, 6.8 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks in five career games against Navy. Kate Walker has averaged 11.0 points in five career games.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 263-233 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 220-175 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won three Patriot League titles and have played in the title game four times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is 123rd out of 351 teams in the latest RPI. The Bison are receiving votes in the CollegeInsider.com Women's Mid-Major Top 25.
• Navy is ranked 77th in the RPI and 17th in the Mid-Major Poll.
• Bucknell will celebrate Senior Day when it hosts first-place American on Saturday at 2 p.m.