What: Navy (7-4) at Bucknell (8-3)
Where: Sojka Pavilion (Lewisburg, Pa.)
When: Friday, Dec. 30 -- 6 p.m.
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: BucknellBison.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Gia Hayes (3.0 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.4 apg)
G: Kate Walker (7.1 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.8 apg)
F: Claire DeBoer (14.5 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 2.5 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (14.2 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 1,3 apg)
F: Sune Swart (12.2 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 1.2 apg)
With a Win Over Navy, Bucknell Would ...
• Improve to 9-3, its best record through 12 games since starting 9-3 during the 2000-01 season.
• Improve to 5-0 at home this season.
• Win its fourth straight game.
• Up its program record home winning streak to 17 games.
• Improve to 115-68 at Sojka Pavilion.
• Improve to 46-15 at Sojka Pavilion in Aaron Roussell’s five seasons as head coach.
• Improve to 19-1 at Sojka Pavilion over the past two seasons.
• Improve to 33-28 in the all-time series with Navy.
• Have a three-game winning streak against the Mids.
• Bucknell opens Patriot League play with a home game against Navy on Friday at 6 p.m. The Bison were picked to win the conference this year, while the Mids were picked sixth, but both teams were impressive in non-conference play.
• Bucknell 8-3 after beating Manhattan 69-64 without two starting guards. The Bison set a program record with their 16th consecutive win at home.
• Kaitlyn Slagus was named the Patriot League Player of the Week for the second straight week after nearly posting a triple-double against the Jaspers. She finished with 16 points, 13 rebounds, eight assists, five blocks, and four steals.
• Claire DeBoer led the Bison in scoring for the fourth straight game, scoring 19 points. Freshman Gia Hayes made her first career start and scored a career-high 12 points. Hayes is averaging 10.0 points over the past two games and may be looked to play significant minutes again on Friday.
• Over the past two games the Bison have shown some of their best ball movement of Aaron Roussell's five seasons as head coach. They had 19 assists on 27 field goals against Cleveland State and then followed that with 19 assists on 26 field goals against Manhattan.
• DeBoer ranks 10th in program history with 1,311 career points. She is eighth in rebounding with 729 boards.
• Navy is 7-4 after a 68-64 overtime loss to George Mason in its most recent game. Prior to that, the Mids had a four-game winning streak, beating Air Force (64-46), Cleveland State (88-63), Liberty (67-66), and Goucher (93-40).
• Sarita Condie led Navy with 20 points, including a game-tying 3-pointer with 1.2 seconds left in regulation in the loss to George Mason. She is averaging 12.5 points per game and is shooting 53 percent (26-49).
• Navy is the top scoring team in the Patriot League, averaging 72.1 points per game. The Mids shoot a league-best 38 percent from long range and hit a league-high 8.8 treys per game.
How to Get the Game
• Friday's game can be seen online on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at GoBonnies.com
• Follow @Bucknell_WBB on Twitter for live updates
Bucknell vs. NavySeries Notes
• Bucknell and Navy will meet for the 61st time. The Bison hold a 32-28 lead in the all-time series.
• The Bison swept the series last season, winning 51-41 at Navy and 64-52 at home.
• Kaitlyn Slagus averaged 17.0 points and 4.0 rebounds in the two wins last season. Claire DeBoer averaged 14.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 3.0 assists.
• Bucknell is 5-5 against Navy under head coach Aaron Roussell.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 233-227 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 192-170 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won two Patriot League titles and have played in the title game three times.
Career-HighsSet Last Game
• Gia Hayes -- points (12), field goals made (5), field goal attempts (12), 3-point field goal attempts (7), minutes (37)
• Kaitlyn Slagus -- assists (8), steals (4), minutes (38)
• Sune Swart -- assists (3)
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is ranked 12th in the latest edition of the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25. The Bison are 64th out of 349 teams in the Division I national RPI.
• Navy is 95th in the latest RPI.
• Bucknell continues league play with a game at Army West Point on Monday at 7 p.m. The Black Knights went 9-2 in non-conference play, including wins over Delaware and Mercy in their most recent games.