What: Bucknell (5-3) at Iona (0-5)
Where: Hynes Athletics Center (New Rochelle, N.Y.)
When: Sunday, Dec. 3 (1 p.m.)
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: ICGaels.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (13.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.8 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (2.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.5 apg)
G: Kate Walker (9.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.4 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (13.1 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.3 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (7.3 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.6 apg)
With a Win Over Iona, Bucknell Would ...
• improve to 6-3 on the season.
• improve to 3-1 on the road this season.
• improve to 3-5 in the all-time series with the Gaels.
• improve to 1-0 against the Gaels under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• improve to 39-36 all-time against current members of the MAAC.
• improve to 8-1 against the MAAC under Roussell.
• improve to 3-0 against the MAAC this season.
• Bucknell is 5-3 and on a three-game winning streak after posting victories over Youngstown State (66-60), Canisius (76-57), and Binghamton (64-59). The win over the Penguins came on the road, while the wins over the Golden Griffins and Bearcats were at Sojka Pavilion.
• Freshman Ally Johnson had a breakout game for the Bison in the win over Binghamton. She connected on three of her four shots from beyond the arc and finished with nine points.
• Senior Catherine Romaine continued to contribute in a variety of ways in the win over the Bearcats. She tallied a career-high 11 rebounds and a career-high four steals.
• Junior Kyi English dished out a season-high seven assists last game, while Bucknell finished with a season-high 18 as a team. The Bison are averaging 16.3 assists per game. They have a 1.1 assist/turnover ratio during that stretch.
• Bucknell is averaging 68.7 points over the past three games. The Bison are 5-0 when scoring at least 60 points this season and are 0-3 when scoring less than 60.
• The Bison are 2-1 on the road this season and 24-13 on the road over the past three seasons.
• The Gaels are 0-5 but have played a tough schedule with losses to Arizona (71-58), Jacksonville (71-62), Temple (59-54), Duquesne (80-59), and Toledo (74-57).
• Treyanna Clay registered her first career double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds last game against Toledo. The 6-0 forward averages 12.8 points and 5.4 rebounds on the season.
• Iona went 41-25 during the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons. The Gaels won the MAAC title and qualified for the NCAA Tournament in 2015-16.
• In the league's preseason poll, Iona was picked to finish third in the MAAC. Alexis Lewis was a Preseason First Team All-MAAC selection
• Lewis leads the team in scoring (14.2 ppg), rebounding (7.6 rpg), and steals (2.4 spg).
How to Get the Game
• Sunday's game can be seen online free of charge on WatchESPN.com
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at ICGaels.com
Bucknell vs. Iona Series Notes
• Bucknell leads 5-2 in the all-time series, but the teams haven't played since 2010.
• The Gaels have won four straight in the series, picking up victories in 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2010.
• Bucknell's two wins in the series came in 2004 and 2005.
Bucknell vs. the MAAC
• Bucknell is 38-36 against current members of the MAAC.
• The Bison have played 10 of the 11 teams in the conference. The only team they have never played is Quinnipiac.
• Bucknell has winning records against Canisius (5-4), Niagara (6-4), Rider (15-9), and Siena (2-0).
• Sunday is the final of three games against MAAC teams for Bucknell this season. The Bison already posted wins over Rider (76-71) and Canisius (76-57).
• Bucknell is 7-1 against the MAAC under head coach Aaron Roussell.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is receiving votes in the latest edition of the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25. The Bison are 192nd out of 351 teams in the latest RPI.
• Iona is 298th in the latest RPI.
• The Bison will have a long break before playing at Fordham on Sunday, Dec. 17.