What: Bucknell (6-5) at American (7-4)
Where: Bender Arena (Washington, D.C.)
When: Friday, Dec. 29 (7 p.m.)
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: AUEagles.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (12.1 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 3.1 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (1.7 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.8 apg)
G: Kate Walker (9.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.1 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (12.6 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.3 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (6.5 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 2.4 apg)
With a Win Over American, Bucknell Would ...
• improve to 7-5 on the season.
• improve to 4-3 on the road this season.
• improve to 18-24 in the all-time series with the Eagles.
• improve to 7-7 against the Eagles under head coach Aaron Roussell.
• improve to 209-172 all-time in Patriot League play.
• improve to 34-3 in Patriot League play over the last three seasons.
• Bucknell closed the non-conference portion of its schedule with a 6-5 record after a 57-39 loss to Pitt on Dec. 20. The Bison have had at least a .500 record in non-conference play in each of Aaron Roussell's six seasons as head coach.
• The Bison, who won at least a share of the Patriot League regular season title in each of the past two seasons, finished tied atop the league's preseason poll with Army West Point this season. The voting was close, as American was picked third and received five first-place votes.
• Bucknell and American were two of the five Patriot League teams to finish with a winning record in non-conference play. The others were Navy (10-1), Army West Point (7-4), and Lehigh (6-5),
• The Bison rarely give up a lead in the second half. When leading at the half, they are 83-10 during Roussell's six seasons as head coach.
• Bucknell has been impressive in league play over the past two seasons, going 33-3 during that time. All three losses came on the road.
• American went 7-4 in non-conference play, including a 75-66 overtime win over Penn State in its most recent game. The Eagles also had wins over Tulsa (72-67), La Salle (66-48), Vermont (64-62), UMBC (61-48), Youngstown State (78-72 OT), and Denver (66-53).
• The Eagles received five first-place votes and were picked to finish third in the Patriot League standings in the league's preseason poll.
• American is the top free throw shooting team in the Patriot League at 75 percent (141-187).
• Emily Kinneston leads the conference individually in free throw percentage. She is shooting 80 percent, hitting 39 of her 49 attempts.
• American is unbeaten at home with a 4-0 record this season.
How to Get the Game
• Friday's game can be seen online free of charge on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at BucknellBison.com
Bucknell vs. American Series Notes
• Bucknell and American will meet for the 42nd time. The Eagles hold a 24-17 lead in the all-time series, but the Bison won the most recent matchup 69-57 in the semifinal round of the 2017 Patriot League Tournament.
• The Bison have won four of the past five games in the series, including two of three games last season.
• Bucknell is 6-7 against American with Aaron Roussell as head coach.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 251-230 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 208-172 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won three Patriot League titles and have played in the title game four times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is 216th out of 351 teams in the latest RPI.
• American is 93rd in the latest RPI.
• Bucknell goes on the road for the fifth straight game when it travels to play Boston University on Tuesday at 2 p.m.