Military Appreciation Day
What: American (23-4, 16-0 PL) at Bucknell (19-8, 13-3 PL)
Where: Sojka Pavilion (Lewisburg, Pa.)
When: Saturday, Feb. 24 (2 p.m.)
Webcast: Patriot League Network
Radio: 90.5 WVBU
Internet Radio: BucknellBison.com
Live Statistics: BucknellBison.com
Bucknell Probable Starters
G: Kyi English (9.8 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 2.6 apg)
G: Rachel Dumiak (2.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.7 apg)
G: Kate Walker (12.9 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.1 apg)
F: Kaitlyn Slagus (12.0 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 1.0 apg)
F: Catherine Romaine (5.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.1 apg)
With a Win Over American, Bucknell Would ...
• improve to 20-8 overall and 14-3 in the Patriot League.
• up its winning streak to 10 games.
• improve to 11-3 at home this season.
• improve to 41-4 at Sojka Pavilion over the last three seasons.
• improve to 18-25 in the all-time series with the Eagles.
• improve to 222-175 all-time in Patriot League play.
• improve to 47-6 in Patriot League play over the last three seasons.
• There's a lot to look forward to in Saturday's matchup between American and Bucknell at Sojka Pavilion. It's a battle of the top two teams in the Patriot League, as American (23-4, 16-0 PL) has clinched the regular season title, and Bucknell (19-8, 13-3 PL) can clinch the second seed with a win or a Navy loss in either of the final two games of the season. Both teams enter with a lengthy winning streak. The Eagles have won a program-record 17 straight games, while the Bison are winners of nine straight games.
• If all that weren't enough, it's Senior Day at Bucknell, which will honor the winningest class in program history. Catherine Romaine, Carly Richardson, and Danielle Baer (team manager) have helped the Bison post an 89-34 record during their four seasons.
• The Bison need just one more victory for a third consecutive 20-win season. There are only three other 20-win seasons in program history.
• Bucknell has clinched a top four spot in the Patriot League regular season standings and a home game in the quarterfinal round of the conference tournament for the fifth consecutive season. Tickets for that game will go on sale at halftime of Saturday's game.
• No conference opponent has a current winning streak of more than one game against Bucknell. The Bison have current win streaks of nine against Boston University, eight against Lafayette, seven against Navy, six against Colgate, three against Army West Point, and two against Holy Cross. They also won the most recent matchups with Lehigh and Loyola. The last league team to beat the Bison in consecutive games was American in 2015, and the Eagles have a win over the Bison earlier this season.
• Kaitlyn Slagus now has 22 career double-doubles after tallying three straight in wins over Loyola, Holy Cross, and Navy. She was named the Patriot League Player of the Week for the second time this season for her efforts last week. The junior needs just 36 points to reach the 1,000-point milestone.
• Ellie Mack led all scorers with 13 points in Bucknell's recent win over Navy, and has scored in double-figures in three straight games. Kate Walker scored 11 points against the Mids, and has scored in double-digits in 10 of the past 11 games.
• Including this season, Bucknell has been by far the best team in league play over the last three seasons, posting a record of 46-6. That's nine games better than the next best, which is Army West Point at 37-15. Navy is third at 35-17.
• American, which has clinched the Patriot League regular season title, is 23-4 overall and 16-0 in the conference. The Eagles have a 17-game winning streak
• The Eagles' last loss came at George Washington, 61-44 on Dec. 17. Their winning streak started with a 75-66 overtime victory over Penn State. It is the longest winning streak in program history.
• With the help of Bucknell holding Navy to just 40 points last game, American is now the top scoring team in the Patriot League at 66.1 points per game. The Eagles have scored 60 or more points in 13 consecutive games.
• Two American players rank in the top 10 in the conference in scoring. Emily Kinneston is third at 15.1 ppg, while Cecily Carl is 10th at 13.2 ppg.
• Neither Kinneston or Carl was selected to the Preseason All-Patriot League Team, but have led the Eagles to an unbeaten record to this point in the league schedule.
How to Get the Game
• Saturday's game can be seen online free of charge on the Patriot League Network.
• The game can be heard online via BucknellBison.com and on the radio on 90.5 WVBU, with Justin Antweil calling the action. The pregame show begins 15 minutes before tip-off.
• Live stats can be accessed at BucknellBison.com
Bucknell vs. American Series Notes
• Bucknell and American will meet for the 43rd time. The Eagles hold a 25-17 lead in the all-time series, including a 68-58 win in Washington, D.C., earlier this season.
• The Bison have won four of the past six games in the series, including two of three contests last season.
• The last time the teams met at Sojka Pavilion, Bucknell beat American 69-57 in the semifinal round of the Patriot League Tournament. The Bison have won four consecutive games against the Eagles at Sojka Pavilion.
Bucknell vs. the Patriot League
• Bucknell is 264-233 against current members of the Patriot League.
• The Bison are 221-175 in Patriot League play.
• Bucknell has a winning record against six teams in the conference -- Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate, Lafayette, Loyola, and Navy.
• The Bison have won three Patriot League titles and have played in the title game four times.
Where Do They Rank?
• Bucknell is 102nd out of 351 teams in the latest RPI. The Bison are receiving votes in the CollegeInsider.com Women's Mid-Major Top 25.
• American is ranked 58th in the RPI and 12th in the Mid-Major Poll.
Career Highs Set Last Game
Autumn Ceppi — field goals made (2)
• Bucknell closes the regular season with a 7 p.m. game at Army West Point on Wednesday.