TEANECK, N.J. – Fredinho Mompremier scored 1:10 into overtime to lift Fairleigh Dickinson to a come-from-behind 3-2 victory over Bucknell in non-league action Wednesday night at University Stadium. Sophomores Bernie Wright and Nick King scored for the Bison, but FDU equalized late in regulation and won it early in extra time.

In the last of a four-game road swing, the Bison fell to 2-4-2 on the season heading into a key home Patriot League matchup with American on Saturday. Fairleigh Dickinson, which was ranked 21st nationally as recently as last week and is currently No. 4 in the Northeast Region, improved to 6-2-1.

Bucknell played very well on the road against a strong team for large portions of the game. Wright’s first goal of his career opened the scoring just 14:03 into the match. Wright took a feed from Matt Thorsheim and beat FDU goalkeeper Sebastian Ferreira to the far post.

King made it 2-0 in the 53rd minute with his team-leading third goal of the season. King and Ben Derleth worked a give-and-go in the box, and King finished from a sharp angle on the right side.

The Bison had been stout defensively throughout, but a couple of breakdowns proved costly late in the game. A turnover in their own end led to Ahu Obhakhan’s goal in the 65th minute that made it a 2-1 game.

Emmett Witmer, making his first start of the season in goal for Bucknell, made two terrific saves in the 86th minute to keep it 2-1. First he charged off his line to smother a shot from Obhakhan, who found himself all alone in front of the goal. Moments later he dove to his right to deflect a shot from Mompremier.

But on the ensuing corner kick, the ball went over the head of a Bison defender in the middle of the box, and Daniel Lasarte volleyed it home to even the match.

The Knights won it on the first shot of the overtime period. A ball played into the center of the box hit the heel of an FDU player and ricocheted to Diego Arribas, who squared a pass to Mompremier for a simple one-time finish from 12 yards out.

“The old cliché that 2-0 is the worst lead to have in soccer proved to be true tonight,” said Bison head coach Brendan Nash. “I thought we were playing well, but we had a little letdown which led to their first goal, and that changed all the momentum in the game. It was a disappointing loss, but we have to learn from it.”

FDU finished with a 19-11 shot advantage, while both teams had three corner kicks. Witmer tallied six saves for the Bison, three in each half. Tiago Capela, who came on in relief at the half, notched the only two saves for the Knights.

Nash, a New Jersey native, saw his 10-game unbeaten streak (8-0-2) in his home state come to an end. Bucknell’s last setback in the Garden State came at Saint Peter’s in 2007. This was also just the second time in Nash’s 19 years as head coach that the Bison lost a game when leading by two goals. The other came at home against Canisius in 2013.

Bucknell will be back in action on Saturday against American at 3 p.m. at Emmitt Field.