LEWISBURG, Pa. -- Danny Kaiser scored 42 seconds into overtime to lift American to a wild 3-2 victory over Bucknell on Saturday at blustery Emmitt Field. Patrick Mahoney and Zack Rockmore scored for the Bison, who fell to 2-3-1 in Patriot League play, with two of the losses coming in extra time. 

American improved to 5-1-0 in the league and at least temporarily moved into first place ahead of Loyola, who plays at Army West Point later in the evening. 

Neither team had many good looks at goal until the freshman Mahoney broke the ice for Bucknell in the 44th minute. Tyler Peterson made the play happen with a sliding pass from the middle of the field out to Quinn Bredin in space on the right side. Bredin drove the ball into the area and pulled a pass back to Mahoney, who slotted home a shot into the lower right corner. 

American equalized just after halftime when Max Holdsworth fed Joel Hart alone in front of goal. The Bison argued for offsides, but the goal stood and it was 1-1. Just over 10 minutes later the Eagles had their first lead of the day. Hart stole a square pass near midfield and sent in Panos Nakhid for the goal. 

Bucknell came right back, however, as Rockmore held off a defender and headed home a free kick from Adam Bradshaw to tie it at 2-all with 24:30 to play. 

The Bison kept on the pressure and nearly went ahead in the 78th minute, but Lucas Belanger came off his line to make a terrific save on Nick King, who had broken behind the back line on the left side. 

American stunned the Bison with a quick goal in overtime. Nakhid sent a pass forward to Kaiser, who had space to shoot at the top of the of the box and buried the game-winner. 

Both teams finished with 11 shots in the match, with Bucknell generating nine in the second half. American led 6-1 in corner kicks. Belanger made four saves for the Eagles, while Bucknell's Emmett Witmer had one save. 

Bucknell travels to Loyola on Wednesday night before returning home next Saturday to face Lehigh at 2 p.m. on Senior Day.