Setting the Scene
What: 38th Annual Sun Angel Classic
When: Fri.-Sat., Apr. 7-8
Where: Joe Selleh Track – Tempe, Ariz.
Live Results: TheSunDevils.com
What: Mason Spring Invitational
When: Apr. 8 – All Day
Where: George Mason Stadium – Fairfax, Va.
Live Results: GoMason.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* The Bison return to action after competing at the Colonial Relays.
* Bucknell scored 19 points to finish 18th among 46 teams.
* Drew Dorflinger scored in the 1,500-meter, taking sixth with an IC4A-qualifying time of 3:51.68, fourth-fastest in the Patriot League this season.
* Luke Giugliano scored in the 5,000m with a time of 14:26.47, meeting the IC4A standard. His time is the second-fastest in the league.
* A 4x1500m relay team comprised of Giugliano, Dorflinger, Will Bordash and Ross Pirnie scored with a time of 16:01.55.
* In the sprint medley relay, a team of Will Carter, Bobby Gablein, William Melchionni and Scott Gulizio finished second with a mark of 3:26.15.
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
“The extra weekend in April the past two years has given us the flexibility to add a quality meet to our schedule,” says coach Donner. “Arizona State is something new and my staff and I chose the six men and the six women who we feel could capitalize the most with the high level competition as well as the warm weather. They all fit well into the meet. The meet at Mason is also very good with a lot of the better teams attending in an unique concept with all the sprints and field events in the daytime and the distance races at night. It’s our third meet of the outdoor season and our athletes should be starting to round into form and sharpen up.”
* Will Bordash (5,000m)
* Joseph Breen (discus)
* Drew Dorflinger (1,500m)
* Luke Giugliano (5,000m)
* Jordan Jackson (800m)
* Nicholas Lombardo (high jump)
* 4x100 relay
* Bucknell returns to action Apr. 14-15 to host the Bison Outdoor Classic at Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium. The two-day meet will broadcast on FloTrack. Sign up here.