About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell is set to host its first outdoor meet of the year and its sixth overall meet of the 2016-17 season.
* The Bison last competed in two meets, the Sun Angel Classic and the George Mason Invitational.
* William Melchionni turned in IC4A-qualifying marks in two events at the Sun Angel Classic, including the 200-meter (21.80) and the 400m (49.09).
* Joseph Breen recorded IC4A marks in two events at Arizona State, including the shot put (53-3) and discus (155-2).
* Drew Dorflinger posted an IC4A-qualifying time in the 1,500m at the George Mason Invite with a mark of 3:50.14, fourth-fastest in the Patriot League this season.
* Scott Gulizio competed in the 800m, finishing in 1:52.27, meeting the IC4A requirement.
* Bucknell is ranked 14th in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Quote from Head Coach Kevin Donner
“The Bison Outdoor Classic has developed into one of the premier meets in the nation for this particular time of the season,” says coach Donner. “We have teams as far south as Florida, as far west as Michigan and as far north as Canada coming to Lewisburg looking for high level competition. It looks like the weather will cooperate and we expect to see some tremendous performances across all events. The distance carnival on Friday night will produce times that will rank as some of the best in the nation, while the sprints and field events with teams such as Penn State, Cornell, Army and Buffalo will heat things up. Our athletes always get excited for this meet as well as next week’s Bucknell Team Challenge and we expect to compete at a high level and set ourselves up for leagues.”
Last Year at Bison Outdoor Classic
* Nicholas Lombardo set the school record in the high jump with a leap of 6-11.
* Matthew Fay won the pole vault, clearing 16-2 ¾, which stands as the second-best mark in program history.
* Breen recorded the second-best toss in school history in the discus, recording a heave a 169-10.
* Melchionni posted a top-10 program mark in the 400m with a time of 48.62.
* Will Bordash (5,000m)
* Joseph Breen (discus, shot put)
* Drew Dorflinger (1,500m)
* Luke Giugliano (5,000m)
* Scott Gulizio (800m)
* Jordan Jackson (800m)
* Nicholas Lombardo (high jump)
* William Melchionni (200m, 400m)
* 4x100 relay
* Bucknell will host its final home meet of the year, the Bucknell Team Challenge, on Apr. 22.