Setting the Scene
What: Penn Relays
When: Thursday, Apr. 27
Where: Franklin Field, Philadelphia, Pa.
Live Results: PennRelaysOnline.com
What: Maroon and Gold Invitational
When: Saturday, Apr. 29
Where: Danny Hale Field at Redman Stadium
Live Results: LeoneTiming.com
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* The Bison will compete in two meets as a final tune-up before the Patriot League Outdoor Championships.
* Bucknell returns to action after winning the team title at the Bucknell Team Challenge. The Bison won seven events at the meet.
* Matthew Fay broke a 17-year-old program record in a first-place finish in the pole vault. Fay won the event with a mark of 16-9 ¼, smashing the previous best of 16-3 posted by Dave Pomfret in 2000, earning Bison Athlete of the Week honors.
* Joseph Breen (discus), Nicholas Lombardo (long jump), Ross Pirnie (steeplechase), William Melchionni (400-meter), Jordan Jackson (800m) and Jacob Stupak (3,000m) each posted first-place finishes.
* Bucknell ranks 10th in the Mid-Atlantic region, ahead of Patriot League schools Lehigh (12th), Lafayette (18th) and American (T-25th).
* Jacob Ashkettle (400m)
* Will Bordash (5,000m)
* Joseph Breen (discus, shot put)
* Jeffrey Brown (100m, 200m)
* Sean Conway (800m)
* Drew Dorflinger (1,500m, 5,000m)
* Matthew Fay (pole vault)
* Bobby Gablein (100m)
* Luke Giugliano (5,000m, 10,000m)
* Scott Gulizio (800m)
* Terry Hall (javelin)
* Jordan Jackson (800m)
* Nicholas Lombardo (high jump)
* William Melchionni (200m, 400m)
* Ross Pirnie (1,500m, steeplechase)
* 4x100 relay
Bucknell Men's Track and Field's 2017 Weekly Awards
* Bison Athlete of the Week – Matthew Fay (Apr. 24)
* The Patriot League Outdoor Championships are slated for May 5-6 at Lehigh. The final day of the meet will broadcast on the Patriot League Network.