Setting the Scene
What: Patriot League Outdoor Championships
When: May 5-6
Where: Goodman Campus – Bethlehem, Pa.
Watch (SATURDAY ONLY): Patriot League Network
Live Results: MitchellTiming.com
PATRIOT LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS CENTRAL
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* The Bison are set to compete at the Patriot League Outdoor Championships following a final tune-up over the weekend at the Maroon and Gold Invitational at Bloomsburg, earning 13 first-place finishes.
* Nicholas Lombardo posted a top-10 program mark in the long jump, recording a leap of 24-5 ½, now the third-best mark in Bucknell history.
* William Melchionni ran a top-10 time in the 100-meter to earn first-place, finishing in 10.74.
* Nick Pacelli (800m), Ryquan Harris (200m), Peter Onusconich (110 HH), Chad Sussman (5,000m), Matthew Fay (pole vault), Joseph Breen (shot put, discus), C.J. Falcioni (hammer) and Reggie Harris (triple jump) each won their respective event.
* Bucknell owns top-five Patriot League marks in 14 events this season, including the 400m, 800m, 5,000m, 10,000m, steeplechase, high jump, long jump, pole vault, triple jump, shot put and javelin, along with the 4x1, 4x4 and 4x8 relays.
Patriot League Outdoor Championships History
* Bucknell is looking to capture its sixth outdoor title in program history and the first since 2013.
* The Bison finished fourth in last year's league championships.
* Lombardo won the league title in the long jump, while Ross Pirnie won the steeplechase, both earning First Team All-Patriot League accolades.
* Breen was the runner-up in the shot put, while Scott Gulizio helped a 4x8 relay team finish second, both receiving Second Team All-Patriot League honors.
* The All-Patriot League teams are determined by the results from the championship meet, with the winners in each event, including the relays, earning First Team honors and the second-place finishers taking home Second Team accolades.
* Jacob Ashkettle (400m)
* Steve Bolger (long jump)
* Will Bordash (5,000m)
* Joseph Breen (discus, shot put)
* Jeffrey Brown (100m, 200m)
* Sean Conway (800m)
* Drew Dorflinger (1,500m, 5,000m)
* Matthew Fay (pole vault)
* Bobby Gablein (100m)
* Luke Giugliano (5,000m, 10,000m)
* Scott Gulizio (800m)
* Terry Hall (javelin)
* Jordan Jackson (800m)
* Nicholas Lombardo (high jump, long jump)
* William Melchionni (100m, 200m, 400m)
* Ross Pirnie (1,500m, steeplechase)
* 4x100 relay
Bucknell Men's Track and Field's 2017 Weekly Awards
* Bison Athlete of the Week – Matthew Fay (Apr. 24)
* Bucknell is scheduled to compete at the IC4A Championships May 12-13 at Princeton.