No. 19 Fordham (7-3, 3-0 MAWPC) vs. No. 16 Bucknell (7-6, 3-0 MAWPC)
When: Sunday, October 1 – 1:30 p.m.
Where: Kinney Natatorium – Lewisburg, Pa.
A Look Back at Last Weekend
• Bucknell went 3-0 in its opening weekend of MAWPC play. The Bison dropped Johns Hopkins (16-11), then No. 18 George Washington (12-9) and Navy (9-6) on the road.
• With its trio of victories, Bucknell stretched its winning streak to six games and improved to 7-6 on the season.
• Rade Joksimovic netted 10 goals over the weekend, the most among Bison. Jeff Hagen was close behind with nine, six of which came during Bucknell's victory over Johns Hopkins.
• Marko Djordjevic led the Bison past the Colonials with a seven-point (4g-3a) performance. It represented a new career high.
• Against Johns Hopkins, Charlie Niehaus tied his season-high with 16 saves.
Bucknell at a Glance
• Bucknell moved up a spot in the CWPA poll. The Bison are now slotted in a tie for 16th with St. Francis Brooklyn, a team they split a pair of games with thus far this season.
• The Bison (3-0) are one of three undefeated teams in MAWPC East action, joining Fordham (3-0) and Wagner (1-0). In MAWPC West play, Gannon (3-0) and Mercyhurst (3-0) are the undefeated squads.
• Bucknell finished 2016 with a 23-5 (9-1 MAWPC) record, reaching the 20-win plateau for the first time since 2007 (20-13, 5-3 CWPA Southern Division). The Bison’s .821 winning percentage was their best single-season mark since they went 31-4-2 (.851) in 1980. They were ranked 11th in the CWPA’s final 2016 poll and rose as high as ninth over the course of the season.
• A year ago, Bucknell averaged 14.4 goals per game in MAWPC regular-season games. Factoring in the tournament, the Bison averaged 15 goals per game against their MAWPC opponents. They failed to reach the double digits in goals just once.
• The Bison won the inaugural MAWPC tournament in dominating fashion, downing Connecticut College (24-4), Fordham (16-5) and No. 18 George Washington (11-5) all by six or more goals.
• Bucknell’s lone loss in MAWPC regular-season action came against George Washington on Oct. 8 in Lewisburg. The then No. 9 Bison fell to the then No. 16 Colonials, 10-9, on a Noah McKinnie Braun goal scored with just three seconds remaining in regulation.
• Rade Joksimovic (42g-18a), Marko Djordjevic (22g-20a) and Cooper Dolan (22g-9a) are Bucknell's current top three in points.
• Jeff Hagen has drawn a team-best 22 ejections while Tommy Stupp (26) and Joksimovic (25) are first and second in steals.
• Fifteen different Bison have netted a goal thus far this season.
Fordham at a Glance
• Fordham entered the CWPA poll this week and is currently tied for 19th with Air Force, Loyola Marymount and Pomona-Pitzer.
• The Rams are 7-3 (3-0 MAWPC). They are currently riding a four-game winning streak, with victories over Chapman (15-11), Johns Hopkins (13-10), Navy (8-7) and then No. 18 George Washington (8-7). All of those wins came away from the Bronx.
• Fordham's victory over the Colonials was its first over a ranked team since 2010.
• The Rams' 3-0 start to conference play is their best in over two decades.
• In the upset of George Washington, Massimiliano Mirachi recorded seven points (6g-1a) while Alex Jahns made 13 saves and posted four steals.
The Bucknell/Fordham Series
• Bucknell leads the all-time series, 41-3.
• The Bison have won the past four games, including all three 2016 contests by a combined margin of 48-19.
• In the Nov. 5 match, Rade Joksimovic found the back of the net 10 times. It was the second time in his collegiate career he reached the double digits in goals. He went on to set Bucknell's school record with 14 on Nov. 18 against Connecticut College.
• Fordham has only defeated Bucknell once since 1982, a 7-6 triple overtime victory on Sept. 14, 2014 at the Bison Invitational. That win snapped a 33-year and 29-match losing streak to the Bison.
• The Bison continue MAWPC play at Kinney Natatorium, facing Wagner (11 a.m.) and George Washington (5 p.m.) on Saturday, Oct. 7.