Setting the Scene
What: No. 16 Bucknell (12-8, 7-0 MAWPC) at No. 4 Stanford (9-3, 0-1 MPSF)
When: Friday, Oct. 20 – 7 p.m.
Where: Stanford, Calif. (Avery Aquatic Center)
What: Julian Fraser Memorial Tournament
When: Saturday, Oct. 21 to Sunday, Oct. 22
Where: Santa Clara, Calif. (Sullivan Aquatic Center)
Tournament Central: SantaClaraBroncos.com
Game One: No. 18 California Baptist (16-9, 1-2 WWPA) vs. No. 16 Bucknell (12-8, 7-0 MAWPC)
When: Saturday, Oct. 21 – 4 p.m.
Game Two: Loyola Marymount (4-12, 1-2 WWPA) vs. No. 16 Bucknell (12-8, 7-0 MAWPC)
When: Saturday, Oct. 21 – 8 p.m.
Game Four: No. 9 UC Davis (12-5, 4-0 WWPA) vs. No. 16 Bucknell (12-8, 7-0 MAWPC)
When: Sunday, Oct. 22 – 5:20 p.m.
*All times Eastern
A Look Back at Last Weekend
• Bucknell competed at the Harvard Invitational on Oct. 14-15, finishing with a 2-2 record.
• The Bison, who topped Wagner (6-5) and No. 15 Brown (6-4) on Saturday to stretch their winning streak into the double digits for only the sixth time in program history, fell to No. 12 St. Francis Brooklyn (10-8) and No. 11 Princeton (12-7) on Sunday.
• Marko Djordjevic enjoyed a five-point outing (3g-2a) against Princeton while Rade Joksimovic paced Bucknell offensively against Wagner (3g) and Brown (3g-1a).
• Charlie Niehaus averaged nine saves per game in Harvard Invitational action, topping out at 12 against St. Francis Brooklyn.
• Entering the Harvard Invitational, the last time the Bison won a game in which they scored six goals was on Nov. 12, 2005 at the Eastern Championship, a 6-5 victory over Brown. That season, Bucknell also topped Salem International, 6-5, on Oct. 29 at the Southern Championships.
No. 16 Bucknell at a Glance
• The Bison are currently 12-8 (7-0 MAWPC) on the season. They were slotted 16 in the most recent CWPA poll, up two spots from last week's.
• Before running together their 11-game winning streak from Sept. 16 to Oct. 14, the Bison last won at least 10 games in a row in 1983, a 12-game winning streak. They had a nine-game winning streak snapped in 2016.
• Rade Joksimovic (59g-29a), Marko Djordjevic (34g-28a) and Cooper Dolan (30g-15a) are Bucknell's top three point producers.
• Jeff Hagen leads in exclusions drawn (41) while Joksimovic is first in steals (52). Tommy Stupp (41) and Djordjdevic (37) have also eclipsed 30 steals.
• The Bison are set to participate in the inaugural Julian Fraser Memorial Tournament, which features 12 teams from both sides of the country playing 22 games at Santa Clara and San Jose State. The tournament was previously known as the Santa Clara Rodeo; Bucknell has traveled to California for Santa Clara's invitational each of the past eight seasons and went 3-1 at the 2016 edition.
Bucknell’s Longest Winning Streaks
1977, 1984, 1985, 2016: 9
Bucknell’s 2017 Top-10 Opponents
No. 5 Pacific (Sept. 2, 5-23)
No. 7 Pepperdine (Sept. 3, 9-15)
No. 4 UCLA (Sept. 9. 8-18)
No. 10 Harvard (Sept. 10, 9-10)
No. 4 Stanford (Oct. 20)
No. 9 UC Davis (Oct. 22)
Note: The Bison have faced a total of 12 ranked teams in 2017, compiling a 4-8 record.
No. 4 Stanford at a Glance/Series History
• The Cardinal is currently (9-3, 0-1 MPSF). At No. 4 in the most recent CWPA poll, Stanford will be the third top-5 team the Bison will face in 2017. Previously, the Bison faced then No. 5 Pacific on Sept. 2 and then No. 4 UCLA on Sept. 9.
• The Cardinal is riding a three-game winning streak, with victories over then No. 18 San Jose State (16-5), then No. 5 Pacific (12-7) and then No. 8 UC Santa Barbara (11-5) over that span. Stanford's three losses have come to No. 1 UCLA and No. 2 USC, each by two or fewer goals.
• Stanford leads the all-time series, 9-0. Bucknell and Stanford first met in 1981.
• In the last meeting, on Sept. 6, 2015 at the Harvard Invitational, the then No. 4 Cardinal downed the then No. 19 Bison, 20-4.
No. 18 California Baptist at a Glance/Series History
• The Lancers are currently 16-9 (1-2 WWPA). They were placed No. 18 in the most recent CWPA poll.
• California Baptist is coming off a pair of losses to then No. 12 UC San Diego (13-8) and No. 2 UCLA (20-9).
• The Lancers lead the all-time series, 8-3. Bucknell and California Baptist first faced off in 1999 and have met every year since 2014.
• The Lancers and Bison met earlier this season at the Bruno Classic on Sept. 3. Then No. 16 California Baptist won that game, 14-13, edging then No. 14 Bucknell behind a 6-4 third quarter. While the Lancers also took the 2016 meeting (9-7), the Bison won the 2015 (11-3) and 2014 contests (11-3).
Loyola Marymount at a Glance/Series History
• The Lions are currently 4-12 (1-2 WWPA). They received votes in the most recent CWPA poll.
• Loyola Marymount enters the Julian Fraser Memorial Tournament losers of eight of its past nine games. Four of the Lions' losses came to ranked teams, including one in the top five.
• The Bison lead the all-time series, 4-2. Four of their meetings came in the 1990s.
• Bucknell and Loyola Marymount squared off for the first time since 2005 at last year's Santa Clara Rodeo. Rade Joksimovic scored two of his team-high five goals in overtime to lead then No. 10 Bucknell to an 11-9 victory over then No. 20 Loyola Marymount
Santa Clara at a Glance/Series History
• The Broncos are currently 4-8 (0-2 WWPA).
• Santa Clara enters its invitational on a six-game losing slide.
• The Broncos lead the all-time series, 8-5. Bucknell and California Baptist first squared off in 1993 and met six-straight seasons from 2010 to 2015.
• The then No. 16 Broncos scored four unanswered goals in the fourth quarter to down the then No. 14 Bison, 12-8, on Oct. 25, 2015 at the Santa Clara Rodeo. Sean Daley (2g-3a) and Tommy Stupp (2g-2a) led Bucknell offensively in that contest.
No. 9 UC Davis at a Glance/Series History
• The Aggies are currently 12-5 (4-0 WWPA). At No. 9 in the most recent CWPA poll, UC Davis will be the sixth top-10 foe the Bison will square off against in 2017.
• UC Davis won its past three games by a combined 52-20 margin. The Aggies scored 20 goals in two of those contests: at then No. 19 Air Force (21-13) and against Concordia (20-2).
• The Aggies lead the all-time series, 4-3. All seven of UC Davis and Bucknell's games occurred in a seven-season stretch from 2009 to 2015.
• In the most recent game, on Oct. 24, 2015 at the Santa Clara Rodeo, the then No. 10 Aggies scored a 12-4 victory over the then No. 14 Bison.
• The Bison host Johns Hopkins (11 a.m.) and Navy (5 p.m.) in their final home games on Saturday, Oct. 28.