This Weekend's Games
Johns Hopkins (15-12, 1-6 MAWPC) at Bucknell (14-11, 7-0 MAWPC)
When: Saturday, October 28 – 11 a.m.
Where: Kinney Natatorium – Lewisburg Pa.
Navy (8-13, 1-7 MAWPC) at Bucknell (14-11, 7-0 MAWPC)
When: Saturday, October 28 – 5 p.m.
Where: Kinney Natatorium – Lewisburg Pa.
Internet Video: Patriot League Network
A Look Back at Last Week
• The Bison traveled to California for five games, including two against top-10 teams.
• After falling at then No. 4 Stanford, 11-3, Bucknell went 2-2 at the Julian Fraser Memorial Tournament. The Bison topped Loyola Marymount (13-8) and host Santa Clara (10-9 OT) and fell to then No. 18 California Baptist (14-15) and then No. 9 UC Davis (6-15).
• Charlie Niehaus made a season-high 17 saves against the Cardinal, which was the third top-five team Bucknell squared off against in 2017.
• Rade Joksimovic eclipsed 100 points during the Bison's victory over the Lions. In Julian Fraser Memorial Tournament action alone, he scored 16 goals.
• With last week's results, Bucknell moved to 4-11 against ranked teams in 2017. The Bison opened the season with seven matches against ranked teams, the longest such stretch since 2011 when they faced five in a row.
Bison Celebrate Seniors
• Seniors Jeff Hagen, Charlie Niehaus, Tommy Stupp and Jordan White will be recognized before Bucknell's game against Navy.
• The class of 2018 enters Saturday's games with 72 victories, the 2016 MAWPC Championship crown, the 2016 MAWPC East Region regular-season title and a runner-up finish at the 2014 Southern Championships.
• A year ago, the quartet helped Bucknell make its first NCAA appearance since 1985.
Bucknell at a Glance
• Bucknell is currently 14-11 (7-0 MAWPC) on the season. The Bison were tied for 17th with California Baptist in the most recent CWPA poll and have been ranked every week this season.
• Bucknell is the lone undefeated team remaining in the MAWPC East.
• With a pair of wins this weekend and a Fordham (currently 4-1 MAWPC) loss at Wagner on Wednesday, Nov. 1, the Bison can clinch their second-straight MAWPC East Region regular-season title. Bucknell can also clinch with one win this weekend and Fordham losses to Wagner and Johns Hopkins on Sunday, Nov. 5 at 10 a.m. Otherwise, the regular-season champion will be decided when the Bison face the Rams in the Bronx on Sunday, Nov. 5 at 3 p.m.
• Rade Joksimovic (76g-29a), Marko Djordjevic (41g-38a) and Cooper Dolan (32g-18a) are Bucknell's top three in points. Joksimovic is also the Bison's leader in steals (64) while Tommy Stupp ranks second with 57.
• Jeff Hagen has paced Bucknell's defense with 45 drawn exclusions, with Logan Schofield in second with 34. In net, Charlie Niehaus has made 240 saves, 47 shy of his total from 2016 which ranks sixth in school history.
Bucknell Looks to Remain Undefeated at Home
• Entering their final two home games of the 2017 regular season, the Bison are 6-0 at Kinney Natatorium.
• Bucknell is currently riding a 13-game home winning streak. The Bison last fell at Kinney Natatorium on Oct. 8, 2016, a 10-9 loss to George Washington. It was their only loss in MAWPC action that season.
• Since the beginning of the 2015 campaign, Bucknell is 28-4 in its home pool.
Bucknell’s Longest Winning Streaks
2017: 11 - *Sept. 16 to Oct. 14
1977, 1984, 1985, 2016: 9
Scouting Johns Hopkins/Series History
• The Blue Jays are 15-12 (1-6 MAWPC) on the season and ranked second in the CWPA Division III poll. They most recently fell to George Washington (13-19) on Oct. 20 and defeated Navy (11-10 3OT) on Oct. 21.
• A week earlier, on Oct. 14-15, Johns Hopkins secured its record CWPA Division III Eastern Championships, edging top-seeded and host MIT in the title game, 11-10. To reach the title game, the Blue Jays dispatched Washington & Jefferson (13-3) and Connecticut College (15-8).
• A year ago, Johns Hopkins went 5-19 (4-6 MAWPC). This season, the Blue Jays were selected to finish third in the MAWPC in the CWPA Preseason Poll.
• Bucknell has faced Johns Hopkins 71 times, the third most among their all-time opponents. The Bison lead the all-time series, 47-24.
• On Sept. 23 in its MAWPC opener, Bucknell toppled Johns Hopkins 16-11, in Baltimore, Md. Jeff Hagen (6g) and Rade Joksimovic (4g-2a) had six-point outings in that contest while Charlie Niehaus made a then season-best 16 stops.
• The Bison won both 2016 games, edging the Blue Jays by a single goal, 12-11, in Baltimore on Sept. 25 and dispatching them, 17-10, in Lewisburg on Nov. 6.
Scouting Navy/Series History
• The Midshipmen are 8-13 (1-7 MAWPC) on the season. They most recently lost to George Washington (14-16) and Johns Hopkins (10-11 3OT) in MAWPC action on Oct. 28.
• A year ago, Navy went 8-18 (2-8 MAWPC).
• The Bison have faced the Midshipmen 107 times, more than any other opponent. Navy leads the all-time series, 81-26.
• Navy is the only team Bucknell has taken on more than 100 times.
• On Sept. 24, the Bison downed the Midshipmen, 9-6, in Annapolis, Md. They scored five of the second half's seven goals en route to their victory. Rade Joksimovic (4) and Jeff Hagen (2) were the only Bison who had multi-goal outings.
• In 2016, the Bison topped the Midshipmen, 20-11, in Annapolis on Sept. 24 and dispatched them in Lewisburg, 14-10, on Oct. 8.
A Look Ahead
• Bucknell closes the regular season at Fordham on Sunday, Nov. 5 at 3 p.m. Depending on this weekend's results, that game could decide the MAWPC East Region regular-season champion.