Setting the Scene
(Saturday, Oct. 28 – 1 p.m.)
What: Bucknell (8-8, 3-2 PL) at No. 21 Boston University (10-7, 5-0 PL)
Where: New Balance Field (Boston, Mass.)
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: GoTerriers.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 8-8 overall and 3-2 in the Patriot League after posting 2-1 wins over Holy Cross and Lock Haven last weekend.
• The Bison clinched their 10th straight bid to the Patriot League Tournament with the win over the Crusaders.
• Two players came through with game-winners late in the second half in Bucknell’s wins. M.C. Evans scored with 1:21 left to give the Bison the victory over the Crusaders, while Leah Fogelsanger scored with 15 seconds remaining in the win over the Bald Eagles.
• Bucknell received three of the four Patriot League weekly awards after the 2-0 weekend. Lexi Quick was named the Defensive Player of the Week after tallying a pair of assists, Fogelsanger was named the Rookie of the Week thanks to her clutch goal, and Emily Finn was named the Goalkeeper of the Week after combining for 12 saves between the two games.
• The Bison will be either a No. 3 or No. 4 seed in the Patriot League Tournament, which will be held at regular season champion Boston University. They will be No. 3 with either a win or a Lafayette loss on Saturday. They will be No. 4 with a loss and a Lafayette win. American is the No. 2 seed in the tournament.
Scouting Boston University
• Boston University, which ranked 21st in the nation, is 10-7 overall and 5-0 in the Patriot League after a 2-1 loss to No. 16 Harvard.
• The Terriers have won their five Patriot League games by a combined score of 26-4.
• Grace Boston is second in the conference with four game-winning goals.
Series History with Boston University
• Boston University leads 8-1 in a series that began in 2011.
• The Terries have won each of the past two contests by just one goal, both coming in the semifinal round of the conference tournament at Boston.
• Bucknell won 5-2 in 2014 on its way to a perfect 6-0 league record and outright regular season title.
• Yale is 8-6 overall and 1-4 in the Ivy League after a 1-0 win over Massachusetts.
• The Bulldogs have played one Patriot League opponent this season, beating Lehigh 7-1.
• Carol Middough leads Yale with 14 goals.
Series History with Yale
• The series between Bucknell and Yale, which began in 2001, is tied 2-2.
• The Bison have won each of the two contests under head coach Jeremy Cook, winning 4-1 in 2015 and 1-0 in 2016.
• The Bison will play in the semifinal round of the Patriot League Tournament against an opponent to be determined at Boston University on Friday, Nov. 3.