Setting the Scene
(Saturday, Sept. 16 – 11 a.m.)
What: Bucknell (3-4, 0-0 PL) at No. 22 American (4-2, 0-0 PL)
Where: William I. Jacobs Recreational Complex (Washington, D.C.)
Live Stats: AUEagles.com
(Sunday, Sept. 17 – 1 p.m.)
What: Bucknell (3-4, 0-0 PL) at No. 9 Maryland (3-2, 0-0 Big Ten)
Where: Field Hockey & Lacrosse Complex (College Park, Md.)
Live Stats: UMTerps.com
Watch Live: BTN Plus ($)
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 3-4 overall after a loss to No. 2 Penn State on Tuesday night. It was the first night game played at Graham Field since 2012.
• The Bison trailed 1-0 at the half in the game against the Nittany Lions.
• Sophomore Marisa Morakis scored her first goal of the season, ending Penn State’s three-game shutout streak. The Nittany Lions had shut outs over Temple, Wake Forest, and Princeton.
• Eleven players have combined to score Bucknell’s 18 goals. The Bison have more goal scorers than 31 teams have total goals.
• Bucknell is tied with Northwestern and Delaware for the most goal scorers in the country.
• After this weekend’s games, Bucknell will have played three consecutive nationally-ranked opponents.
• The Bison have played two of the top three teams in the current national rankings – No. 2 Penn State and No. 3 Syracuse.
• American is 4-2 after a 5-0 win over Towson. The Eagles also have wins over Richmond, Michigan State, and Central Michigan.
• The Eagles are ranked 22nd in the nation.
• Haley Bowcutt leads American with four goals and three assists.
Series History with American
• American leads 22-6 in a series that began in 1990.
• The Eagles have won the past two meetings, 2-1 in overtime in 2016 and 3-1 in 2015.
• Bucknell won 1-0 during its perfect 6-0 Patriot League season in 2014.
• Maryland is 3-2 after an 8-0 win over Towson and a 1-0 win over No. 11 Louisville.
• The Terrapins are ranked ninth in the nation.
• Bodil Keus leads Maryland with six points on three goals.
Series History with Maryland
• Maryland leads 6-0 in a series that began in 1984.
• The teams last played in 1998.
• Bucknell plays at Drexel on Sunday, Sept. 24, at noon.