***Saturday will be Bucknell's annual Play4TheCure game. Fans are encouraged to wear pink. Tickets for a gift basket raffle will be held at the game, with all proceeds going to the National Foundation for Cancer Research.***
Setting the Scene
What: Colgate (2-9, 0-3 PL) at Bucknell (5-7, 1-1 PL)
When: Saturday, Oct. 7 – 11 a.m.
Where: Graham Field (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 5-7 overall and 1-1 in the Patriot League after a 3-1 win over Lehigh and a 4-2 win over Quinnipiac last week.
• Both of last week’s wins were played at Graham Field. Four of the Bison’s five wins have come on their home field.
• Seven different players combined on Bucknell’s seven goals last week – Chloe Poltonavage, Lexi Quick, M.C. Evans, Brittany Willwerth, Stephanie Dressler, Marisa Morakis, and Claire Lesher.
• Lesher’s goal was her first of the season. She is the 14th player to score for the Bison.
• Sophomore Brittany Willwerth leads the Patriot League in assists with six. She ranks fourth in the conference in goals with seven and is third in points with 20.
• Colgate is 2-9 overall and 0-3 with losses in seven straight games. Three of those losses came by two goals or less, including two overtime defeats.
• The Raiders have wins over LIU Brooklyn and Siena.
• Maria Krull faces the second most shots on goal per game (8.64) and leads the league in save percentage (.772).
Series History with Colgate
• Bucknell leads 31-10-3 in a series that began in 1976.
• The Bison have won 10 straight games in the series, starting with Jeremy Cook’s first season as head coach.
• Bucknell has won the past three meetings by a combined score of 11-0, including a 2-0 victory in the semifinal round of the 2014 Patriot League Tournament.
• Nicole Rupnik has scored in each of her two games against Colgate and added one assist for five points. M.C. Evans had a goal and assist in Bucknell’s most recent win over the Raiders.
• The Bison will play a league game at Lafayette on Friday, Oct. 13, at 7 p.m.