Setting the Scene
What: Bucknell (6-7, 2-1 PL) at Lafayette (5-7, 1-2 PL)
When: Friday, Oct. 13 – 7 p.m.
Where: Rappolt Field (Easton, Pa.)
Live Stats: GoLeopards.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 6-7 overall and 2-1 in the Patriot League after a 4-1 win over Colgate on Saturday. The Bison are riding a three-game winning streak, which also includes a 3-1 win over Lehigh and a 4-2 victory over Quinnipiac.
• All three games of Bucknell’s winning streak were played at Graham Field. The Bison are 5-2 on their home field this season.
• Four of Bucknell’s losses have come against nationally-ranked opponents. The Bison are 6-3 against teams that weren’t nationally-ranked at the time of the game.
• Junior M.C. Evans totaled four points with a goal and two assists in the win over Colgate. She assisted on the first two goals of the game to help Bucknell take a 2-0 lead at the half, and then tacked on an insurance goal late in the second half.
• Freshman Megan Keeney scored her first career goal to give Bucknell a 1-0 lead against the Raiders. She is the 15th different player to score for the Bison this season. Seventy-five percent of the team’s players, excluding goalies, have scored a goal.
• Juniors Lexi Quick and Katie Mannino also had goals last game. Quick has five on the season, while Mannino has two.
• At the halfway point of its league schedule, Bucknell sits in third place in the Patriot League standings. Four teams make the conference tournament, which the Bison have qualified for in nine consecutive seasons.
• Lafayette is 5-7 overall and 1-2 in the Patriot League. The Leopards have lost six straight games against Cornell, No. 24 Boston University, No. 16 Harvard, No. 8 Delaware, Lehigh, and Villanova.
• Each of the Leopards’ previous two losses came by a 1-0 score, including an overtime defeat to Lehigh.
• Ellen Colbourne leads the Leopards in points with eight on three goals and two assists.
Series History with Lafayette
• Lafayette leads 35-14-2 in a series that began in 1977.
• Bucknell has won three of the past four meetings, including a 3-0 victory last season.
• Nicole Rupnik has scored a goal in each of her two career games against the Leopards.
• The Bison will continue league play when they host Holy Cross in the final home game of the regular season on Saturday, Oct. 21. Seniors Stephanie Dressler, Emily Johnson, and Emily Finn will be honored prior to the game.