Setting the Scene
(Saturday, Oct. 21 – 11 a.m.)
What: Holy Cross (6-8, 2-2 PL) at Bucknell (6-8, 2-2 PL) | SENIOR DAY
Where: Graham Field (Lewisburg, Pa.)
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: BucknellBison.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is 6-8 overall and 2-2 in the Patriot League after a tough 1-0 loss at Lafayette on Saturday. Despite the loss, the Bison still control their own destiny in the conference playoff race.
• The Bison currently sit in a three-way tie for third in the conference standings. Four teams make the postseason. They close the league schedule at home against Holy Cross on Saturday and on the road against No. 22 Boston University on Saturday, Oct. 28.
• Three Bucknell players – Stephanie Dressler, Emily Finn, and Emily Johnson – will be honored for Senior Day prior to Saturday’s game. The group has helped the Bison accumulate 36 wins and qualify for three straight Patriot League Tournaments.
• Finn made eight saves in a solid effort against Lafayette last game. She ranks 11th all-time at Bucknell with 214 saves.
• Dressler was recently selected to play in the NFHCA Senior Game. The showcase will be held at Louisville following the semifinal games of the NCAA Division I Tournament on Friday, Nov. 17.
• Bucknell has allowed two goals or less in each of its last four games, going 3-1 while outscoring its opponents 11-5 during that stretch.
• All three of Dressler’s goals this season have been game-winners. She ranks second in the Patriot League in that category.
• Bucknell is 5-2 at Graham Field this season, including a perfect 2-0 against conference opponents with wins over Lehigh and Colgate.
Scouting Holy Cross
• Holy Cross is 6-8 overall and 2-2 in the Patriot League after a 4-1 win over Brown.
• The Crusaders have league wins over Lehigh (5-1) and Colgate (4-0), and league losses to American (3-2) and Boston University (8-1).
• Maureen Connolly leads the conference in points (36), goals (14), and assists (8).
Series History with Holy Cross
• Holy Cross leads 20-12 in a series that began in 1985.
• Bucknell is 7-2 against Holy Cross under head coach Jeremy Cook.
• The Crusaders won in a shootout last season after the teams battled to a scoreless tie through regulation and two overtimes. Emily Finn stopped all three shots she faced for the Bison.
Scouting Lock Haven
• Lock Haven is 9-6 overall and 3-4 in the Atlantic 10 after a 3-1 win over Lehigh.
• The Bald Eagles also played Colgate this season, winning 1-0 in two overtimes.
• Alyscia Smith (9) and Tamia Roach (8) have combined for 17 of Lock Haven’s 31 goals.
Series History with Lock Haven
• Lock Haven leads 26-8-2 in a series that began in 1980.
• Bucknell has won four of the past six meetings, including a 1-0, double overtime victory last season.
• Katie Mannino scored the game-winner for the Bison last season. Marisa Morakis assisted on the goal.
• The Bison close the regular season with two road games. They will play at No. 22 Boston University on Saturday, Oct. 28, and at Yale on Sunday, Oct. 29.