Setting the Scene
What: #3 Bucknell (9-9, 3-3 PL) vs. #2 American (13-5, 5-1 PL) | Patriot League Semifinal
When: Friday, Nov. 3 – 3 p.m.
Where: New Balance Field (Boston, Mass.)
Watch Live: Patriot League Network
Live Stats: GoTerriers.com
About the Bison
• Bucknell is set to make its 10th straight appearance in the Patriot League Tournament, all coming during head coach Jeremy Cook’s 10 seasons with the team.
• The Bison are the No. 3 seed after going 9-9 overall and 3-3 in league play this season, while the Eagles earned a No. 2 seed with a 5-1 mark in the conference.
• Four Bucknell players earned All-Patriot League honors. Senior Stephanie Dressler and junior Lexi Quick were picked to the First Team, while senior Emily Finn and sophomore Brittany Willwerth made the Second Team.
• The Bison enter the postseason with six wins in their past eight games, beating Lehigh (3-1), Quinnipiac (4-2), Colgate (4-1), Holy Cross (2-1), Lock Haven (2-1), and Yale (3-2). The two losses both came by just one goal.
• Two Bucknell players – junior Nicole Rupnik and sophomore Marisa Morakis – were voted to the Academic All-Patriot League Team. It was the second straight selection for Rupnik, while Morakis earned the award in her first year of eligibility.
• The Bison went 1-2 this season against the other teams in the conference tournament. They edged Holy Cross 2-1, while dropping games to Boston University (1-0) and American (4-0).
• Bucknell will be without its leading scorer, Brittany Willwerth, for the postseason due to an injury. Quick is second on the team with 17 points on five goals and seven assists, while junior M.C. Evans is right behind her with 14 points on four goals and six assists.
• American is 13-5 overall and 5-1 in the Patriot League after closing the season with a 3-2 win in overtime over Appalachian State. The Eagles’ game prior to that also went to overtime and resulted in a 4-3 loss to Wake Forest.
• Rafaela Rubas was named the Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year, and Noor Coenen was named the Rookie of the Year.
• Those two were joined on the All-Patriot League Team by teammates Megan Benson, Haley Bowcutt, Rachel Stefano, and Maura Jacobs.
Series History with American
• American leads 23-6 in a series that began in 1990.
• The Eagles have won the past three meetings, including the regular season matchup this year. The Bison won in 2014 on their way to the outright regular season league title with a 6-0 record.
• Bucknell and American have met in the Patriot League Tournament four times. The Eagles won three of the four, including the most recent in 2012. The Bison won their semifinal matchup the year before that.
• The winner between Bucknell and American will play the winner of No. 1 seed Boston University and No. 4 seed Holy Cross in the championship game on Sunday at noon.