Setting the Scene
When: Saturday-Sunday, Apr. 1-2
Where: Kinney Natatorium
Saturday, Apr. 1: Bucknell (11-11, 0-1 CWPA) vs. GW (13-8, 1-0 CWPA), 2:30 p.m.
vs. No. 10 Princeton (16-2, 1-0 CWPA), 7 p.m. | Watch on PLN
Sunday, Apr. 2: vs. Saint Francis (Pa.) [10-12, 0-1 CWPA], 9 a.m. | Watch on PLN
vs. No. 7 Michigan (18-8, 1-0 CWPA), 3 p.m. | Watch on PLN
About the Bison/Last Time Out
* Bucknell is currently receiving votes in the national poll. Last week, the Bison entered the national ranking for the first time at No. 25.
* Last time out, the Bison went 2-1 following three mid-week games in California. They defeated Pomona-Pitzer, 11-10, and Claremont-Mudd-Scripps, 12-6, before falling at No. 15 Long Beach State, 8-4.
* Colleen Barron scored four goals against Pomona-Pitzer, including the game-winner in the final minute. Marta Considine and Emily Konishi recorded three steals each while Manuela Herrera made six saves in net in the victory at Claremont-Mudd-Scripps.
* Barron led the Bison with nine goals in the three games combined. Shyla Lintz scored seven times while Considine added four of her own. Konishi handed out five assists.
* On the season, Bucknell’s leaders are Konishi (60p, 28g, 32a), Considine (43p, 31g, 12a) and Barron (37p, 29g, 8a). Lintz has contributed 29 goals and a team-best 36 ejections drawn. Konishi leads the team with 35 steals and is 25-for-30 on sprints.
* Bucknell has gone 7-3 it its last 10 contests at Kinney Natatorium.
* No. 10 Princeton and No. 7 Michigan will be the ninth and tenth ranked opponents for the Bison this season.
Scouting George Washington
* George Washington enters with a 13-8 record, but has dropped its last four matches.
* The Colonials are 4-3 on the road this season.
* Bucknell is 38-21 all-time against George Washington.
* The Colonials defeated the Bison 9-7 earlier in the year at Mercyhurst. Considine scored four goals, while Konishi recorded six assists.
* Princeton brings its 16-2 record to Kinney Natatorium after starting the season with 12 consecutive wins.
* The Tigers are 9-2 against ranked opponents this year.
* The Tigers lead the all-time series 37-6 dating back to 1999. Princeton opened the series history with 22 straight victories.
* Bucknell won the most recent meeting, 10-9, last season.
Scouting Saint Francis (Pa.)
* St. Francis (Pa.) is 10-12 overall, coming off a 2-0 performance at its Red Flash Mini, picking up wins over Penn State Behrend and Washington & Jefferson College.
* The Red Flash is winless in five road games this season.
* Saturday will be the first ever matchup with St. Francis (Pa.).
* Michigan enters with an 18-8 record, winners of six straight matches.
* The Wolverines opened the season with 20 consecutive ranked opponents, going 12-8 over that span.
* Michigan is 20-0 all-time against Bucknell.
* Bucknell has one more weekend of competition before the CWPA Championships. The Bison will travel to Oneonta, New York, to face Harvard, Indiana, and Brown on Apr. 8-9.