Bucknell Baseball to Play Three-Game Set at Richmond this Weekend
Feb. 24, 2011
LEWISBURG, Pa. – After a wild four-game series at James Madison last weekend that featured a combined 127 runs scored, the Bucknell baseball team will be back in action this weekend when it travels back to the Old Dominion State to face Richmond. The Bison and Spiders will play single games Friday (2:30 p.m.), Saturday (1:30 p.m.) and Sunday (1 p.m.).
Bucknell enters the weekend with an 0-4 mark, while Richmond is 2-3 this year with wins over Duke and Coppin State. The Spiders were 24-28 overall in 2010.
Live video broadcasts of Friday’s and Sunday’s games will be available on the Richmond Athletics website, RichmondSpiders.com, free of charge.
Bucknell Baseball Notebook (0-4, 0-0 PL)
• Bucknell hopes the beginning of this season mirrors 2010. The Bison lost their first four games last year, but bounced back with a four-game winning streak to even their early season record at 4-4.
• Shribman and junior outfielder Gerry Runyan enter this weekend on three-game hitting streaks to lead the team. Seven Bison currently own hitting streaks of at least two games.
• Junior third baseman David Duffett posted a pair of three-hit outings last week, equaling his career high. He had previously recorded three hits in a game last March during a Spring Break contest against Dartmouth.
• With home runs in two of the four games last weekend at James Madison, Shribman has now hit at least one home run in nine of 14 games, dating back to last season. He has 11 home runs over that span and has driven in 27 runs during that stretch. Shribman has driven in at least one run in 13 of his last 15 games.
• Bison freshmen accounted for seven of Bucknell’s 43 hits last weekend as seven rookies received at least one at bat.
• Bucknell is slated to play its first 19 games away from Depew Field. The Bison’s first 11 contests will take place in Virginia.
Bucknell vs. Richmond