Bucknell Men's Golf Back in Action This Weekend at Bethpage
Oct. 11, 2007
LEWISBURG, Pa. -- The Bucknell men's golf team has displayed both talent and depth thus far in the fall season, competing successfully with a number of different starting lineups. The Bison have placed fourth or better in four of the first five competitions, including a victory at the Bucknell Invitational on Sept. 14-15.
Coming off a fourth-place finish at the Scotty Duncan Memorial, hosted by Delaware, last week, Bucknell is off to Bethpage State Park on Long Island for the Hofstra Invitational on Friday and Saturday.
Bison Men's Golf Notebook
More on the Hofstra Invitational -
About the Bison in 2007 -
- Bucknell is coming off a third-place finish at the Soctty Duncan Memorial at White Clay Creek. The Bison posted rounds of 298 and 313. Iona and Cornell shared the team title, while Bucknell outran the rest of the 16-team field, including Patriot League rivals Navy and Lafayette.
- Cohen was Bucknell's best player of the weekend, shooting a 1-over 145 to place T-2nd. Cohen finished with a 1-under 71, which was tied for the low round of the day, and the 2007 Patriot League Co-Rookie of the Year produced his best career finish.
- Lindgren saw his streak of six straight rounds of 73 or better come to an end with an uncharacteristic 82 on Sunday. His season average of 73.6 is still second-best on the team to Desai (72.7), who took last week off.
- Cohen (74.4), Bartow (75.0) and Poe (75.0) round out Bucknell's top five scorers among those who have played in at least three events.
- Freshman Ben Mattingly (Fishers, Ind./Park Tudor) had another solid weekend in Delaware. He shot 74-79 to place T-17th. He has a solid 74.2 scoring average in two events.
- Bucknell's team scoring average is 298.3 through in 12 rounds.
Looking Ahead -