Bucknell Men's Tennis Shut Out By Penn State
April 15, 2009
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – Bucknell’s men’s tennis team lost a tough, non-conference match to Penn State Wednesday night. The Bison’s 7-0 loss brought their record to 7-10 (2-3 in Patriot League play) this spring heading into the Patriot League tournament.
With their win, the Nittany Lions brought their record to an even 11-11 tally this spring.
Senior Daniel Bednarek (Haworth, N.J./Bergen Catholic) leads the Bison this season with a 12-5 singles record, while playing mostly in the fifth and sixth spots this spring.
Senior Ryan Sandburg (Orange, Calif./Canyon) and sophomore Anton Kovic (Montreal, Quebec/Milton Academy (Mass.)) have produced the Bison’s best doubles record this spring with a tally of 10-7, from the No.1 spot.
The Bison will be competing in this weekend’s Patriot League Tournament, hosted by Army, with a first-round match against Lehigh, who they beat 6-1 in Lewisburg on Thursday, April 9. If the Bison win their match they will face No. 1 seed Navy in the semifinal on Saturday.
1. Brendan Lynch (PS) def. Ryan Sandburg, 6-2, 6-0
2. Adam Slagter (PS) def. Anton Kovic, 6-3, 6-1
3. Jason Lee (PS) def. Mark Malloy, 6-3, 6-0
4. Eddie Bourchier (PS) def. Jonathan Brenner, 6-2, 6-0
5. Guillaume St-Maurice (PS) def. Daniel Bednarek, 6-1, 6-0
6. Chris Hasyn (PS) def. Clark Bogle, 6-1, 6-0