Oct. 28, 2007
LEWISBURG, Pa. -- The Bucknell women's golf team is back in action after a two-week layoff, as the Bison travel to the Ross Resorts Invitational at Mid Pines in North Carolina on Monday and Tuesday.
Bison Women's Golf Notebook
More on this Week -
- Bucknell will be part of a very challenging 15-team field that will try to tackle the difficult Mid Pines Inn & Golf Club in Southern Pines, N.C. Mid Pines is the sister course to Pine Needles, which was the site of the 2007 U.S. Women's Open. The Par-72 layout will play to about 6,114 yards.
- Defending champion Rollins College is the tournament host. In addition to Bucknell and Rollins, other teams in the field are Augusta State, Cincinnati, Elon, Illinois State, James Madison, Marshall, Methodist, Nova Southeastern, Richmond, Western Michigan, William & Mary, Xavier and Yale.
- This will be Bucknell's first appearance at the Ross Resorts Invitational.
- Head coach Kevin Jamieson's lineup will consist of seniors Kathryn Batchelor (Lawrenceville, N.J./Princeton Day School), Emily Chiodo (Strasburg, Pa./Lampeter-Strasburg), Amy Loughney (Macungie, Pa./Allentown Central Catholic) and Kristen Phalen (Duxbury, Mass./Tabor Academy) and freshman Katie Jurenovich (Warren, Ohio/Howland).
- After playing a practice round on Sunday, the teams will play 36 holes on Monday and 18 holes Tuesday.
About the Bison in 2007 -
Looking Ahead -
- Bucknell has played in three fall tournaments thus far, at Penn State, Rutgers and Richmond.
- Bucknell's most recent tournament round was also its best of the season. In the final round at the Spider Invitational at Independence G.C., the Bison used three rounds in the 70s to shoot 319. Chiodo kept an outstanding season going with a career-best 76, Jurenovich shot 77 and Phalen carded a 79.
- The freshman Jurenovich has the team's best scoring average this fall, 80.4 through seven rounds.
- Phalen (81.0) and Chiodo (81.3) rank 2-3 on the team in scoring average.
- Bucknell's difficult fall slate wraps up on Nov. 4-6, when the Bison travel to California for the Firestone Grill Invitational at Cypress Ridge.