Bucknell Women's Tennis Wins 4-3 Over Long Island
March 12, 2012
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Bucknell women’s tennis team (2-4) jumped to an early lead over Long Island (0-4) by winning two doubles matches to claim the first team point of the day. From there it was a back-in-forth battle for team points as Bucknell eventually earned the victory, 4-3.
Doubles partners Elena Vidrascu and Lydia Colvin won their No. 2 doubles match by the score of 9-7. The partners took on a strong showing from Aleksandra Pavlovic and Lisa Maas, but were able to fight off the late surge from their opponents to claim the victory.
Vidrascu and Colvin managed to garner victories in their singles matches as well. Vidrascu defeated Pavlovic 4-6, 1-2 and Colvin took her match against Maas to the wire with a 2-6, 6-3, (10-5) victory.
Jen Bush was not able to fight through the offensive charge from the freshman Zonneveld and was ultimately defeated in the No. 5 singles match 6-3, 6-4.
McAndrew stepped up to win her match 7-5, 2-6 (10-6) to help propel the Bison to their first win in three matches. The women will look to continue their form during Spring Break as they take on Seton Hall (3-6) Tuesday in Orlando, Fla., at 10:30 a.m. in the Fort Gatlin Recreation Complex.
Bucknell 4, Long Island 3
1. Sanne Louwers (LIU) def. Dumitrita Iepuras (BU), 6-3, 6-1
2. Taysha Blessington (LIU) def. Courtney Casey (BU), 6-4, 6-2
3. Elena Vidrascu (BU) def. Aleksandra Pavlovic (LIU), 4-6, 1-2
4. Lydia Colvin (BU) def. Lisa Maas (LIU), 2-6, 6-3, (10-5)
5. Nancy Zonneveld (LIU) def. Jen Bush (BU), 6-3, 6-4
6. Alyssa McAndrew (BU) def. Brittany Thompson (LIU), 7-5, 2-6, (10-6)