Oct. 27, 2011
Live Stats on GameTracker
LEWISBURG, Pa. – Bucknell volleyball will go for a second consecutive win over Colgate at Davis Gym when it hosts the Raiders at 4 p.m. on Saturday. The matchup will be final contest of the season on Bucknell’s home court and will play a key role in the Bison’s hopes of extending their campaign into the postseason. Live stats on GameTracker will be available at BucknellBison.com as both teams head down the final stretch of the season.
ABOUT THE BISON
- Bucknell split its matches last weekend, defeating Navy 3-1 on Senior Night and falling in straight sets to American the following day. Kyleigh McAhren (Napa, Calif./Justin-Siena) led the Bison in kills both night, totaling 22 for the weekend.
- With 15 kills against the Mids, McAhren tied her season high. She also recorded her best attack percentage of the campaign at .462 and added four blocks and two service aces. Anne Ellenberger (Phoenix, Ariz./Horizon Honors) also made the most of her Senior Night opportunities, recording a career-best 11 kills to go along with eight blocks.
- With her performances last weekend, McAhren now has four consecutive seasons with more than 100 kills. At 582 for her career, she leads all current Bison in the category.
- Ellenberger continues to have a lead of her own in blocks. She remains at the top of the rankings in the Patriot League with 1.35 blocks per set. With her 42 blocks in conference action, she also has a commanding lead on the team as Kebah Edoho (Odenton, Md./Arundel) is second on the squad with 18, McAhren is third with 12 and Jessica Serrato (Millbrae, Calif./St. Ignatius College Prep) is fourth with 10.
- Saturday’s matchup with Colgate is the last of the season at Davis Gym, but there is still plenty of action remaining in the regular season. The Bison will have to take on Lehigh, Lafayette, Holy Cross and Army on the road as they try to secure one of four Patriot League Tournament berths. Bucknell must hope for some help from other teams and win four of their final five matches to advance to the postseason.
- Bucknell will be hosting its annual Pack the House event on Saturday against Colgate. Those organizations that come to the match and exhibit the best enthusiasm throughout play will be rewarded with bus coupons from Susquehanna Trailways or a gift certificate for a catered dining event from Parkhurst Dining Service.
- With its 3-1 loss to Colgate earlier this month, Bucknell fell behind 27-23 in the all-time series with the Raiders. Although the Bison were able to take the second set off their opponent, Colgate controlled much of the match in Hamilton, N.Y. Three Raiders finished with double-digit kills, including Kaylee Fifer, who added 38 assists to her 12 kills.
- Bucknell has lost five of the last six matches to Colgate. The Bison’s last three wins have all come at Davis Gym, however, including a 3-2 decision last fall.
ABOUT THE RAIDERS
- Colgate comes to Lewisburg with a 10-14 record overall. Their 6-3 mark in the Patriot League ties the Raiders for third in the standings heading down the final stretch.
- Since Bucknell and Colgate last played on Oct. 8, the Raiders have claimed league victories over Holy Cross (3-1) and Navy (3-0) but lost to Army (3-2) and American (3-1). Their sweep over the Mids last weekend snapped a three-match losing streak.
- Lindsay Young, who led all players with 14 kills in the last Bucknell-Colgate match, is up to 305 (3.51/set) for the season. Kaylee Dougherty has also surpassed the 200 kills mark with 208 (2.42/set), while Fifer leads the team in assists with 798 (9.39/set). Caitlin Cremin has been contributing in a big way both offensively and defensively, as she leads Colgate in digs with 327 (3/75/set) and service aces with 24 (0.26/set).
Bucknell’s final four regular-season matches will all take place on the road. First up is the short trip to Lehigh (7 p.m.) and Lafayette (4 p.m.) Nov. 4-5.